Author Topic: Got a Garden? Let's see it  (Read 9167 times)

Offline Zuma

Got a Garden? Let's see it
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »
I would like to see the fruits of your labor. :)
And the creatures that  want to take it away from you. ???
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Got a Garden? Let's see it
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:06 pm »
All I grew this year was a corn patch. 20X30, peaches and cream, heavily mulched with newspaper then covered with grass clippings, I got 25 dozen ears off the patch.

Where I live the coons with devastate a corn patch in one night, I put out a couple of low strands of  electric fence as a coon deterrent, they won't cross it.

Blanched, vacuum sealed and frozen, mighty good!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:14:40 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:06:16 pm »
Will take garden pictures tomorrow.

Here's first 2 tomatoes out of it ... picked 'em today!

Going, going, gone.

I know someone is gonna ask about the upscale "placemat" plate is sitting on. It's a target that was used in a lil shooting contest Bubby and I had going earlier this year. I keep it as a reminder that Mr Bub shoots much better that he lets on.   (SH)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:15:49 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:08:17 pm »
I would like to see the fruits of your labor. :)
And the creatures that  want to take it away from you. ???
Zuma

That's no garden ... it's a truck patch!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline ksnow

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:42:49 am »
Here's our sugar snap peas this year.  We have six raised beds, surrounded with rabbit fence.  The neighborhood dogs do a good job keeping the raccoons, possums and skunks away.  And no deer in the area to worry about either.

Kyle

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 08:56:47 am »
Nice subject.I'll get some pics.We've been hamstrung with lack of rain but trying to compensate.I will take a pic too of the gardens the Amish have here also.Tremendous in size and quality to say the least.Ours is only 20' by 30'.We've been eating a lot of radishes and beets so far.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 02:06:35 pm »
Our garden and other harvested goodies.Got a little carried away with the pics.I blunt shoot the bunnies and live trap or shoot the coon.The deer are'nt any bother.
Our garden first..
Starting from the left
butternut squash,brussel sprouts,acorn squash,swiss chard,climbing green beans,bell peppers,tamatoes,and onions behind the tamatoes.

Raised garden of Robins with a lemon tree to the right in it amongst other herbs in there of oregano & cilantro to name a couple.

A few of our fruit trees.. apple and peach.Pear trees not pictured.Hazel nut bushes not pictured either.

Large patches of wild black raspberries.

Harvest of 35 pounds this year.

Our bee hives.Last year 4.7 gallons of honey.This year will be more by the looks of things.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 06:29:33 pm »
That's so cool Ed ...I'm so jealous of your gardens...
Maybe someday.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 06:46:29 pm »
Love the eclectic herb garden, Ed.

Offline loon

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »
And the electric garden too!

berry nice

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 10:43:19 pm »
You guys are making me hungry. My poor garden has been under water for weeks at a time twice now. Can't believe anything is still alive. Nothing worth taking a picture of though. On a brighter note all the trees I planted this year are looking real good. We've just been to wet.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 10:46:16 pm »
Forgot about the walnut,pecan,and hickory nut trees too.Some good reasons why I chose to retire here.Every year a little more and bigger things get it seems.
Everybodys garden looks nice.I was at a friends house for the 4th of July and his garden put mine to shame.1 of his tamatoe plants was about equal to all 12 of mine.His squash plants were gigantic.I'm sure he watered the crap out of his garden though.A lot more then me.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Zuma

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:19:26 am »
So glad to share with you all. Your photos really show us your love of life and land.
A  truly amazing get er done family, I am so happy to be a part off.
Zuma

Butternut and Zucinni
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 04:00:15 am »
My Wife used to Fry Zuc blossoms - VERY good , MMMMMMMMMMM  -C- ! Just have one Tomato Plant on My Deck in a 5gal bucket. Had 4 small greenies pop two days ago - can't wait ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 08:07:20 am »
I have friends here that use mineral tubs for their tomatoe plants.Pretty smart easy maintenance type way of growing them.
BowEd
Ed