Author Topic: Tn hunting license law I didn't know about  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Tn hunting license law I didn't know about
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:30:42 am »
I just found out if you were born in Tn, have a birth certificate to prove it but now live out of state you can fill out some paperwork and get a hunting license at the resident rate.
I grew up in Tn but wasn't born there, I live in Bama now.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Tn hunting license law I didn't know about
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:20 am »
That is good info, because out of state license have gotten pretty high. I haven't bought a license in years so not sure what they cost now but heard they have gone up also. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:02:29 am »
Wow, a state's dept. of wildlife that is offering to save some hunters money.   :o
Good for Tennessee.  :OK

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:54:30 am »
Pappy, my Tenn. Non-Resident license was around $270.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:05 pm »
The DNR is hard on nonresident out of state licenses here in Iowa too.From what I gather at least 3 applications costing 50.00 each then a 450.00 charge.So around 650.00 to just shoot a deer for out of staters.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »
Could buy a quite a bit of beef for that Ed. That make for some pretty expensive  venison especially if you don't fill your tag. I don't really know what nonresident is in Michigan but just to get the liscenses I use gets pricey enough. Base, fur harvester, deer combo if I remember is $77 that doesn't include fishing, spring turkey. The DNR collects a lot of revenues from hunting.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Otis

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »
Tennessee non resident annual is $301.00. That includes everything though. All deer, turkey and bear. Pappy don't have any bear though. It is a pretty good deal. It's been a few years since I went to Georgia to hunt but, they put it on an out of stater there.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 01:37:13 am »
Michigan Non-Resident is $151.00 for the Base License and $20.00 for one Deer tag or Deer Combo for $190.00. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 02:14:58 am »
I like the land owner / wife/kids/grand kids free in Tennessee. ;) ;D ;D ;D No license required for anything except federal birds, Duck/geese/dove, of course the feds want some money but I don't hunt any of those so it don't matter. :) The good thing about Tenn. Non resident is if you buy them in Feb. you can kill 5 Turkey, 2 bucks and a doe a day for the whole deer season along with small game until Jan.31 of the next year so not really that bad if hunt a lot and live fairly close. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 09:37:00 am »
Yes Iowa land owners and family tags are dirt cheap @ $2.00.I think leasers of land for farming are that way too.In all I can get quite a few tags for $26.00 including turkey too.A residence of at least 6 months is required I think for that.
Those laws can change too.Best to keep notified through a good bow organization that hires a lobbyist.I belong to the Iowa Bow Association and they let me know what's going on at times.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:58 pm »
Well I spent 65$ yesterday for my two deer tags here in Kansas. Mind you, that's the tags, the license was another 27.50$ and so was my Spring turkey tag.
Ain't nothing "free" here in the Free State...  ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 07:59:25 am »
Dave, just checked my receipt again and I did pay $301.00 when I was at the Classic. Puts it right up there with South Carolina now and I'm a landowner there, too :'(
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »
Eddie, can't landowners hunt without a license in SC. I know GA and NC can.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otis

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:59 pm »
Pat, here in Indiana you have to be a resident landowner to get by with no license. I think that's why Eddie has to buy one in SC too. I have a lifetime license here that I bought years ago.  Since we bought our place last year the wife doesn't have to buy a license to hunt our property. If she hunts public land or someone else's private land she is required to buy a tag.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 04:02:53 pm »
Pat, Dave is right. Talked to the Tax Collector last week and they won't even give me a break on taxes for all of the grave sites I've found on it.
Lakeland, Florida