Author Topic: HHB Static  (Read 2907 times)

Offline DuBois

Re: HHB Static
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:22 am »
That's a beauty man!

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:13 am »
Thanks again ya'll for your comments.  :)

Pearly, excellent observations. I can totally see where that bit of set is sneaking in. And knowing my history with HHB, I wouldn't be surprised if a splinter popped on the scorching eventually. This reminds me why I post these bows in the first place... not just to hear what's good about them, but how to improve upon the next one.  :OK
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 10:30:56 am »
Not trying to wizz in your cereal man. Just telling you what I see and what will probably happen. Id suggest getting that 12" moving a bit more to ease the stress on the scorched portion hopefully increasing its life.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 10:51:33 am »
Glad to see your progress with this wood. It looks great. I like seeing that you can cover those small mistakes with a bit of decoration.
Eric

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 12:02:33 pm »
Nice work all around, I'm with Chris and Leon about the lower limb. Some scrapes on the lower would take out strain of the upper.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 12:03:58 pm »
"wizz in your cereal man"  ;D ;D

where do you come up with these sayings man? I love them! No worries. I really want to hear what you see. That's what I love about PA, getting input from those who have more experience to go off of. Besides, I'm married. I'm used to criticism.  ::) I think I'll definitely give the lower inner limb a few scrapes.

Thanks HD and Simson  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb