Author Topic: PBS Bow (Not for BOM)  (Read 9905 times)

Offline John K

Re: PBS Bow (Not for BOM)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 03:18:07 pm »
Looks great Walt ! The skins really add a nice touch to it, and i really like the tips.  8)
The only way to fail is to never start !

PK

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 01:42:54 am »
what is PBS?

Slivershooter

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 02:29:57 pm »
 PK, PBS is the Professional Bowhunters Society; here is a link to the web page, http://www.bowsite2.com/pbs/

Walt Francis

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 03:00:59 pm »
Beautiful bow, Walt and the tiller looks good to me. I believe we all over judge our own work more than others do.  The python is a nice change of pace.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

PK

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 05:45:19 am »
Thanks walt, your Bow is Super :)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 02:06:36 pm »
I'll agree with everyone else Walt - That's a beauty all over!! :)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 02:12:10 pm »
So, you didn't comment on the suggestions why this bow isn't entered for Bow of the Month?
BTW, the Montana State Bowhunters annual dinner was in town last weekend.  You would have like to have been there.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Slivershooter

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 09:58:52 pm »
Don,
I don’t build my bows for competitions, they are built first and foremost to hunt with, and work well for that purpose.  Not that there is anything wrong with the BOM competition, it brings out some truly inspirational bows every month that I love to see and study.  Many of the ideas and techniques displayed each month have been incorporated by me to make me a better bowyer.  A lot of the bowyers here are able to think outside the box, which I have trouble doing, and it really helps with my creativity.  But, I like to keep this bow building passion of mine a relaxing pastime and am, by nature, too competitive to allow it remain a relaxing pastime if I start entering my bows in competitions.  Though this particular bow is required to be entered in a competition by the PBS, it was donated to raise monies for that organization, not to win a competition. 
I made the MBA Convention on Saturday and had a great time, kept running into old friends and never did make it around to all the vendors.  Luckily I made it to Jim Remph’s table that was full of his selfbows; let me tell you there were some works of art on that table.  That guy builds some of the finest shooting selfbows I have handled and his finish work has evolved over the past few years to rival any that I have seen; including those I saw both times I went to MoJam.  Wish I had brought a camera, taken some pictures, and shared them with everybody here.  He had a 50# @ 26” sinew backed osage bow made from ¾” branch that was awesome.   

Offline Postman

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 03:58:11 pm »
Awesome bow! are those Ball (AKA royal) python skins -  The common 4-5 foot pet type? i used to have a couple of them in college.
It would be great to round up a lot of them feral burmese pythons in florida for bow skins badger - ease the pressure on the snakes that belong there. (Never seen a cottonmouth - backed bow, come to think of it....) now eyeing up the red-and-white half-albino corn snake in my classroom...he's lucky he ain't more camoflauged :)
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Rusty

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 04:59:42 am »
Nice bow, i like the snake skin...

Austria