Author Topic: whats the best target material for stone p.  (Read 4556 times)

keekeerun

whats the best target material for stone p.
« on: March 23, 2008, 01:31:40 pm »
I don't have any foam. Just a couple of round bales out back, and I 'am a little skeptic about shootin in one of those, I don't think I'll be able to pull it out, even if I shoot it on the side. What do you all use for shootin stone point practice. I just want to see if my rose shoot will fly good.

Offline DanaM

Re: whats the best target material for stone p.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:37:30 pm »
Couple of old couch pillows, I've used sand piles also.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:41:31 pm »
I definitely would not Shoot a Bag Target...or a Foam Block...you may just get back a Rose Shaft!! I would go for a  Sand Trap of some sorts.or do like I have in the Past...a carboard Box with some old clothes in it...worked for Me...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:52:53 pm »
Dry grass bundle er a cardbord box filled with same. Stuff full, dry not green...................bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:49:55 pm »
Critters make the best target for stone points.  >:D Bales of straw are OK if they aren't tacked to tightly. (rarely are with straw) You want to shoot the side of the bail so the arrow is running parallel to the straw. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

keekeerun

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:31:27 pm »
I sure hope I get to find out this fall what a flint head does on deer. I just thought of a huge sawdust pile on my neighbors ground, I think I'll head out and see how she flys. HAPPY EASTER