Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

posting pictures
« on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:58 am »
I see a lot of posts with a http links to pictures instead of the pictures posted in the thread, this makes it tedious for us to view the pictures.

Please insert the pictures instead of links. When I see multiple links I usually look at one picture and move on to another thread.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:21:34 am »
I'm the same Eric. Sometimes I don't even open one link. Most folks are using their smart phones and that technology is different from a desktop or laptop and because I don't have a smart phone I don't know how they work. They can do everything else on their smart phones so I don't know why they can't do this.   ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ohma2

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 08:30:14 am »
I agree 100 percent i just pass the post

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:22:36 am »
Yup, if you're just posting links you're not getting half the exposure your bow deserves :)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 11:53:54 am »
I'm lucky to be able to turn the phone/iPad on and take a picture.  I use imgur as a host, and the link is what happens when trying to upload.  I'm trying to figure out how to get a picture to attach directly to a post on PA, and how to avoid the imgur "link".  I think many others are in the same position.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 12:25:57 pm »
Your phone takes large pictures; too large to upload to PA.  If you have an iphone you need an app to resize your photos.  I use “resize it” app.   It’s free.  Resize the photo to 600 x 800 and it should be small enough to upload directly to PA. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 02:35:25 pm »
Some of these folks are using photo hosting sites like Igmur that resize pics automatically once you set it up but still post only links.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 02:54:21 pm »
Ben, I used a photo resizer app on my phone, resized photos and they still wouldn't post. I posted with flickr which created one link with all my pics included in that one link.  I actually thought that was pretty convenient & easy to view.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline JonW

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 03:38:11 pm »
I make lots of bows but haven't posted on here in a long time because it is just too much trouble to post pics.

Offline DC

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 03:56:12 pm »
I guess using a PC helps. I have an old camera I set on 640x480 just for this. As you can tell posting pics is no problem for me. I've never tried using my phone for it. I have trouble enough making a phone call with it. No point calling in the profanity demons ;D

Offline IrishJay

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 04:14:14 pm »
I use photobucket from hosting, when you copy the link in photobucket just make sure you pick the img link and the photo should show up full size in your post.

"The best camouflage pattern is called, 'Sit down and be quiet!' Your grandpa hunted deer in a red plaid coat, think about that for a second." - Fred Bear

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 05:45:11 pm »
Imgur had an IMG link on the right side of the page your picture is displayed on, copy and past it in your text, real easy. It is called a"BB code" on the dropdown.

Works every time, I do use a PC, I don't have a smartphone.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 06:04:54 pm »
PaSteve, depending on what setting you have your phone set to, 600x800 may not be small enough.  You need them to be under 250 kB.  Try 640x480.

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 06:30:50 pm »
I don't like to see Photobucket's leering logo. Since they reneged on their free hosting, I have removed all my photos from their site and hope they go broke.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »
I agree Jim.  That’s why I’m a proponent of not using a hosting site.  Who knows when these other hosting sites will do the same thing.  Nothing more frustrating than finding that perfect thread that answers your questions only to find that the images are missing.  Photos are truly worth a thousand words.