Author Topic: Pocket Lint  (Read 7954 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Pocket Lint
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2020, 09:55:29 am »
This is not the bow in the pic. That is a limb bow I just finished but Bill dug up the award from 2019's Self Bow Challenge I shot with Pocket Lint. Bill napped the point on the award. For a for knotted up small dia Hedge bow it shot purty well for those 41 targets at the Tennessee Classic. Almost not enough to make a bow. Was a challenge.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 01:32:43 pm »
 That's a beaut man! 😎
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline HH~

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 07:29:24 am »
Saw that bow in the cabin last night siting with some fine company!

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2020, 07:20:17 am »
Here's Pocket hanging in the skinning shed with a bunch more Lint pals.

Shawn~

Offline TimBo

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 07:30:32 am »
Wow, how did you get that thing through the door!?  That's a big set of antlers.

Offline HH~

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2020, 08:01:10 am »
Was not a door hung when I brought them in.  Kinda built shed around him . That old bull over watches my skinning operations. The native American and Magyar blood runs easy with him watching me. Lots folks have seen them in 2018 they were hung on Pappy's kitchen face the Saturday night potluck line. I remember standing in line that night hearing the guys and gals say "holy moly that is one big elk". He was,  public land 2013 MT. Only seen bigger bodied elk never a bigger rack in mountains.

Where I keep my hunting clothes, stands, etc. Pocket Lint hangs out with good company.

Shawn~

Offline Parnell

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 08:13:28 am »
That’s very cool.  The little high spot you left around the knot reminds me of the beaver tail design from my trade gun. 
1’—>1’

Offline HH~

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 07:14:09 am »
What is the color on that lock and trigger guard? Is that paint or is that the metal color? I really like with that stock color.

That stave in Link was just a series of knots from top to bottom. Could built up a leather or cork handle on it but it was more expedient to just glue on some wood and get to scraping it off.

HH~

Offline Parnell

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 03:03:11 pm »
“Cold Brown”. About three coats, then neutralized.  Some folks say it’s lipstick on a pig, but I like it.
1’—>1’

Offline HH~

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2020, 04:49:14 pm »
Cerra coat?

HH~