Author Topic: Hurricane  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Hurricane
« on: August 29, 2019, 11:36:49 am »
Anyone in Florida that don't know there will be a category 4 hurricane hitting florida on Monday/Sunday. Get ready and God bless. My prayers are with you.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline sleek

Re: Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 04:25:28 pm »
Anyone in Florida that don't know there will be a category 4 hurricane hitting florida on Monday/Sunday. Get ready and God bless. My prayers are with you.

Dont worry about me, I left. I'm heading to Wichita next. Screw that noise. I ain't going through anything past a Cat 1 living in my truck.

All yall down there, I'm praying for you.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:03:57 pm »

Dont worry about me, I left. I'm heading to Wichita next. Screw that noise. I ain't going through anything past a Cat 1 living in my truck.

Wondered if you knew about that contract in Wichita.  There is also a big one in Salina ks.  My cousin just started in Salina this week.

Offline sleek

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 08:21:11 pm »

Wondered if you knew about that contract in Wichita.  There is also a big one in Salina ks.  My cousin just started in Salina this week.

Oh yeah, Wichita is my main money maker. I'm there at least once a year. Not familiar with Salina though. what's going on there?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 05:18:19 am »
So far, until it makes it's turn, the projected path will be over my house. The wife is getting water frozen. I don't know why everybody goes crazy buying bottled water. In 66 years I've never seen the water shut off. And looks like I'll be working until it gets too rough.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 06:06:27 am »
Good luck Eddie, thoughts and prayers with you and yours and all in that area. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 06:41:33 am »
Thanks, Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 08:11:59 am »
Hurricane?  What hurricane?
 ??? ;D

Ohhh...maybe this is why I'm watching people punch each other in the face over gasoline and bottled water? ::)

Irma was enough fun two years ago.  I'm thinking about maybe lighting a giant bonfire to help nudge the storm north of me...you know...thermodynamics and all.

Hey Eddie, you light one too and we'll create sorta a wall and send it up toward Jacksonville. ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:15:17 am by Parnell »
1’—>1’

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 09:02:08 am »
 (lol) yea just be safe guys.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 03:35:11 am »
Watch Your Top-Knot Eddy  (W ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 02:06:32 pm »
Steve, can't do that. My youngest brother lives on the coast in Jax's. If it doesn't turn like they predicted we are in deep do,do. A cat 5 with sustained winds of 185MPH and gust to 220. The most powerful storm to make landfall.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 11:45:21 pm »
Ya'all stay safe!  Doesn't seem to be any really safe areas, though if it doesn't make a hard right turn!  I'd think it would be a good time to visit somebody further inland, like maybe Ohio, or Colorado!  I'll take a blizzard, personally, and they can be nasty enough!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 08:25:15 am »
As a teenager in 1962, my parents and I left Texas City, Tx during Hurricane Carla. Stayed on the second floor of my sisters apt in Houston. Our house in TC was spared from water damage by just inches. In 1983, I built a house also in Texas City using ring shank nails instead of common nails. Yep, I thought to myself "I'm smart and can take on the world" so I stayed at home when Hurricane Alicia hit the next year. Once again, I was spared water damage by inches but I swear you could actually see the walls bend a little. My advice to anyone in the path of hurricanes is to leave. Hurricane Alicia was only 120 mph but I'll never stay thru another one. When your older, you will realize how dear life is.

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 08:39:38 am »
Stay safe down there and be careful. I will be praying for all to be safe.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 01:53:27 pm »
Well this Hurricane sure is boring and I'm glad. Poor Grand Bahamas really took a pounding.
Lakeland, Florida