Author Topic: Classics  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Classics
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 01:08:13 am »
Decoy dogs, or Judas dogs if you prefer that name.  They will tease and coax the coyotes right up to you.  The coyote are so worried about the dogs you can get a shot off real easy.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:01 am »
So Justin do you just use your pet dogs? do you call the coyotes in to your judas dogs? I know that a pack of coyotes will lure your dogs out away from the house and kill them. Do you have a lot of coyotes where you live.    Kenneth  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 06:25:12 pm »
They are trained pets. These will deliberately annoy the coyote by chasing then retreating. Just like the coyote can bait the dog out, the dog can bait the coyote in. Any dog works to an extent. It helps to have a couple of dogs or one that minds so it don't get to far away and get chewed up. This time of year while the coyotes are denning it is even better since they are territorial.  I usually call them, but once they see the dog or the dogs see them, the game is on.  My female will go into hunting mode as soon as she hears a coyote, even if it is a mile away. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 09:48:25 pm »
  Man, that sound's like it would be fun to just watch.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 11:48:24 pm »
Those are awesome Kenneth, I just came across this and glad I did. I like your poin idea. Very nice arrows, It's not windy here if you need someone to give them a good test ;D   Keenan