Author Topic: 2020 Bow Trade - Sign up closed  (Read 76931 times)

Offline silent sniper

Re: 2020 Bow Trade - Sign up closed
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2020, 07:36:16 am »
My trade bow is finished, I just need to get some pictures taken and it will be ready to head out the door! More to come...
-Taylor

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2020, 10:36:29 am »
Well we are approaching the deadline for the trade.  It has certainly been an interesting year, that is for sure.I have not been able to keep as close a watch as I would have liked due to my work.  I work in emergency management and this pandemic caused my work load to shoot up dramatically. 

I do have many of you listed as being completed with your bows.  If you all could help me out and send me a pm when your bow is ready to ship (only if you haven't done so yet), it would be appreciated. 

As for my trade bow, I will be putting a little ink on it today and then putting the final coats of finish on over the next few days.  After that, I will still need to put a handle wrap on it and then it will be ready to ship. 

Offline bushboy

« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2020, 11:38:59 am »
Looks like I may be a little late shipping.....stuff happens..
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline sleek

« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2020, 12:42:42 pm »
Well we are approaching the deadline for the trade.  It has certainly been an interesting year, that is for sure.I have not been able to keep as close a watch as I would have liked due to my work.  I work in emergency management and this pandemic caused my work load to shoot up dramatically. 

I do have many of you listed as being completed with your bows.  If you all could help me out and send me a pm when your bow is ready to ship (only if you haven't done so yet), it would be appreciated. 

As for my trade bow, I will be putting a little ink on it today and then putting the final coats of finish on over the next few days.  After that, I will still need to put a handle wrap on it and then it will be ready to ship.

I'm pretty much in the same stage where you are. I was just in a car accident  2 days ago and rather sore at the moment, but otherwise ok. I may be a little slow in my finishing up of the bow.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Mafort

« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2020, 03:23:35 am »
I’ll have to contact my recipient and work with them if that’s ok. I told swamp man but my dog decided that he wanted to try some snake skins I got from a member on here and unfortunately they were already glued down to my hickory backed Osage. Big pitbull chewed right through pretty much everything. Have something in the main reduction right now. Itll be a few before it’s ready. But it’ll be ready none the less.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2020, 11:18:38 am »
I'll get mine in the mail as soon as I can get to the post office. Its inventory at my job so I'm working 7 days a week. But I'll get it out asap. 
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #456 on: October 11, 2020, 03:07:45 pm »
Here’s an update. Little more polishing and finish. No final weight yet but right around 50-55 #’s. I’ll post final specs and the money shot in a day or two after I soot it more. About 100 shots so far.

https://imgur.com/a/OQX0aoJ

Buffalo accents beaver skin handle. D97 string and beaver silencers. The grip is a love it or hate it affair but it’s effective and comfortable. This is a flat bow with a high crowned back and I wanted some depth to it.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #457 on: October 11, 2020, 07:46:01 pm »
Missed my chance to ship last time down south ..it will have to wait until early November when I'm back to civilization .I'm currently working in the sub artic ...northern Canada..I will contact my guy mid month....
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2020, 11:21:10 pm »
Wish it was easier to post pictures here. I tried a experimental design with juniper and sinew with a deflexed compression stave with a big recurve. They did not line up perfect and I paused and went with a perfect hickory stave Bowed sent me. Heat treated. Took it to the field by my house and casts a 10gpp broadhead 215 yards. Got some bighorn tips. I'm in the middle of sealing the bow with linseed and shellac. I'll post the photos before I send it. It is a good bow.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2020, 08:08:23 am »
Shipping mine out today.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline sleek

« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2020, 09:08:07 am »
Wish it was easier to post pictures here. I tried a experimental design with juniper and sinew with a deflexed compression stave with a big recurve. They did not line up perfect and I paused and went with a perfect hickory stave Bowed sent me. Heat treated. Took it to the field by my house and casts a 10gpp broadhead 215 yards. Got some bighorn tips. I'm in the middle of sealing the bow with linseed and shellac. I'll post the photos before I send it. It is a good bow.

215 is amazing! Is it hickory sinew or self bow?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2020, 10:06:51 am »
It's a self bow Sleek. I don't back good hickory. I've made a few like this and like the design. It works. Want to get a good seal on the wood so it does not pick up too much moisture where it's going.

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2020, 12:11:44 pm »
Are we go to ship?  Sound like it. Mine will go in the mail Monday. Wanna polish her up a bit more.

Offline Swampman

« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2020, 03:00:10 pm »
Are we go to ship?  Sound like it. Mine will go in the mail Monday. Wanna polish her up a bit more.

Gary, you can ship anytime.  I know your guy is good to go too.

Offline Swampman

« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2020, 03:02:28 pm »
I have been working on putting the best finish I can on my trade bow and it has been taking some time.  I am almost done with that now and then I will get the handle wrapped. I will be shipping within a week though.