Author Topic: Used but not abused bow building tools to trade . . .  (Read 2076 times)

Offline CrazyHorse1969

Used but not abused bow building tools to trade . . .
« on: April 11, 2020, 06:36:59 pm »
I have some used but not abused bow building tools to trade. I need wood, badly. I just finished a bow with my last stave, seasoned or otherwise.

Looking for quality staves, preferably ready to work, in this order: Osage, Black Locust, Hickory, Hophornbeam—really, whatever as long as they are quality.

Looks like I can only upload four pics. If you need to see more pics, feel free to ask.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in anything.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:59:55 am by CrazyHorse1969 »
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Used but not abused quality tools to trade . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 01:02:15 am »
Good to hear from you again, been awhile!  Might be interested in the Mora knife.  Are you still in the Longmont area?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline CrazyHorse1969

Re: Used but not abused quality tools to trade . . .
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:14 am »
Hello, Hawkdancer. Nice to hear from you too. I still stalk the PA website but have done a poor job posting with any regularity. Yes, I am still living in Longmont and working in Fort Collins. Well, working from home for now because of all the craziness. In fact, being stuck at home with extra time on my hands is part of the reason I burned through all my staves! Other than sneaking out to trout fish once or twice a week, building bows is helping me keep from going completely nuts. Let me know if you want to work something out. I will be around. Take care.
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Used but not abused bow building tools to trade . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 02:12:07 pm »
Trading out bowmaking tools for staves seems short-sighted. Kinda like burning the axe handle instead of going out to cut wood!   

Just funnin' with ya. Don't forget to check the local big box stores and their stock of oak and maple. Watch for straight grain on all four sides and as few runouts as possible. A board ain't nothing but a randomly decrowned stave.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 02:20:16 pm »
I have plenty more tools! Just no wood to use them on ;)

I never considered the board option an option, I guess. Thanks.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:28 pm »
Got to check my staves and make a list of what I might trade!  Staves do tend to stay cured around here!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:48:18 pm »
Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to look!