Author Topic: Some cain arra's for the Classic.  (Read 15374 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Some cain arra's for the Classic.
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 11:19:35 pm »
  Pat, I'll watch your back while you pass that 'shine to me. I'll be shooting Art Butner Primo's. They will be guarded well.

Nice to know where the primo arra's are gonna be eddie ;) Oh yea I have a gallon of Arno's #1 on order should be there late friday ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 12:33:37 am »
I hear ya Pat and Eddie, no liberatin in our camp. My set is still a bakers dozen and I like it that way. I think arrows like to stay in dozens also.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 12:51:25 am »
I was going through my "show off" arrows tonight and there is a 5 arrow bambusa matching set with trade points, a single footed river cane arrow I put a trade point on and a walnut footed aspen arrow with walnut self nock and trade point, all made by Art Butner. My special Art arrows stay at home! ;D. I have 3 buffalo nut arrows with purpleheart self nocks and stone points Cade gave me, 2 Kenneth made and 2 Glen Doane made....oh yea, and a few I made. ;D...plus what will be in my quiver.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 09:44:23 am »
Sounds like a bunch of showing and telling, wathch out for those liberaters.   Kenneth
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:13:27 am by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:35 pm »
Cowboy, very nice arrows brother.. love the osage footing.. hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:43 am »
Thanks Hawk, I'm startin ta get the hang of it - now if they'll only fly straight ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:00 am »
Well, how did those arrows fly? Yall have to liberate any from Pat's inventory/arsenal? ;)

I shot some that Shannon brought, and they flew like I hate to mention it here...carbons (not that a carbon has ever flown out of one of my selfbows while I was shooting it!). ;)

I'm definitely going to have to visit here more often, because I gotta learn how to make cane arrow's, shooting Shannon's at the Classic won me over. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »
Greg, If you like cane arrows then you will also like the Japanese arrow bamboo shafts. They are very simmilar to shoot!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline david w.

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 11:14:09 pm »
Great lookin arrows. i really like those :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 10:13:16 am »
I started straightening on 1/2 dozen cane's last night that came from the bundle that Shannon brought. Their fairly straight, I'll probably go through them a couple of more times. I'm trying to get a bunch straightened and cut to length, then start weighing them. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 09:45:22 pm »
Greg you will like them a lot.  Kenneth

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 02:59:22 am »
Post some pic's of em when you get em done Greg - not that I know a lot about cane but some of my fine shots out on the range split saplings and didn't hurt the arra's, I was impressed with em :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 11:58:53 am »
  Greg, like Cowboy said, Cane and Bamboo are tough and don't warp. This Tonkin arrow came out a lot better than some of the aluminum and carbons I saw hit the Steel Fox target

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 12:35:13 pm »
Eddie, with a little glue and a few wraps, that arrow would still be good...a bit stiffer maybe. I have started using more cane lately and am impressed with their flight. Even cane arrows that are heavier than my sourwoods seem to fly flatter and appear faster.       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 01:02:41 pm »
I know what you mean Pat. Now if I could just get them to grow in this high desert .