Author Topic: Cane Arrow - Target Points  (Read 9184 times)

Offline Little John

Cane Arrow - Target Points
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:40:31 pm »
Cowboy, got to work on your points today at work. here are what they look like, still need a little clean up. Made fron 16 penny nail and they weigh 140grains. weight can be decreased by shortening the nail. they shine up real good with a little shooting. If you have got to ask how much they cost you can't afford them, oh I am talking about how much they cost the oil company.   Kenneth

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Cane Arrow - Target Points
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:56:17 pm »
Here is one I installed in a cane arrow, the longest one in the last pic. The colored bands behind the point is thread serving set in glue. This particular point weighed about 128 gr so I left the shank full length.
   These points work very well for cane arrows, Kenneth. Now if I can only remember where the rest of them are. ;D       Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:57:31 pm »
Oops. wrong pic of the arrows.   Sorry for the poor quality pics.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:58:41 pm »
Pat, funny how that remembering thing works.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:02:36 am »
 :-[ ;D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 12:18:41 am »
Funny coincidence- I was putting  points on some cane arrows today and I came across three of these same points that Pat gave me a year or two ago and I had completly forgotten about. I put one of them on an arrow, shoots great. Kenneth, you're on to something there, I like 'em.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 12:32:55 am »
What are the Point made from??? I must have missed it..........I know that the Shaft is a Nail...but what is on the Nails Head???
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:42:27 am »
I build it up with brass by braze welding with a torch and brass welding rod and then spin them with a drill moror while gringing to a point. I got the idea while using a regular nail for a blunt, then thinks I can make a pointed one. The only reason I don't use them more is because I mostly mount stone or trade points on my cane arrows. They are perfect for three d targets  and I have never seen any one else with them so they are pretty  unique.    Kenneth

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:18:42 am »
                                                       Really cool Idea.....Can I Steal it??
                                                                             >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 06:08:17 am »
Maybe you had best just borrow it.  Just kidding, use the idea if it works for you.    Kenneth     

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 06:26:24 am »
                                                      I guess Asking already gives me away.....huh!!!!!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 01:53:06 pm »
Just came across this Kenneth - cool idea, thanks. I have several fletched shafts in the truck that I was going to put stone points on, now I can have more to loose at targets ;D. See ya there..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline markinengland

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 07:20:42 pm »
I was wondering about welding a washer to a nail. The short end of the nail would be the point, the washer would be the stop against the end of the shafts, the rest of the nail would be the tang glued into the shaft.
Mark in England

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:22 pm »
  Pat, I think you gave them to me. ;D You gave me a dozen last year at your place and I gave some to Bob.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 11:46:18 pm »
Mark, should work good. Would give the point a way to seat into the shaft, then you would have a nail point that would not push back into the shaft if you hit something solid.   Kenneth