Author Topic: Copperhead and Teal, a short and flat sinew backed Osage bow  (Read 2430 times)

Offline NorthHeart

Copperhead and Teal, a short and flat sinew backed Osage bow
« on: November 18, 2020, 09:11:14 pm »
Hello PA!  Its been a busy fall season so far moving into my new house, getting my first stone kills on whitetails, plus getting ready for winter and the holidays.  I haven’t had much time to work on bows but I finally decided to finish this one up I’d been at for a while now.  Osage backed with sinew and copperhead, holds reflex unbraced.  This wide and flat beauty bends throughout and pulls 60# @ 23”.  Measuring 48” tip to tip unstrung, its short and stout and really spits an arrow.  After I applied the snake skins it sat for over 2 months while I contemplated final touches.  For a while now I've wanted to incorporate teal paint into one of my snake backed bows.  I realized as an artist that I ran the risk of busying it up to much, plus teal on snake wasn’t gonna be subtle, so it had to be just right.  Finally inspiration set in and I applied the artwork in moderation.  I'm happy with how it turned out, and this copperhead bow just might be the next one I pick up to bite a whitetail with and put some meat on the plate.

p.s.-i got a new phone, so well see if the pictures come out squashed like before, if they do i'll look into uploading to a hosting site.  Thanks for looking! )P(

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:20:15 pm by NorthHeart »

Offline NorthHeart

Re: Copperhead and Teal, a short and flat sinew backed Osage bow
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 09:23:46 pm »
more pics...

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 09:26:23 pm »
last pics...

Offline Morgan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 09:27:36 pm »
That’s pretty

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 09:44:32 pm »
Very nice bow...and straight limbs too.  :OK
I think you added just enough turquoise with the copperhead. Nice subtle contrast. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bownarra

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 02:07:51 am »
She looks sweet :)
How does it shoot? Looks to need some more mid/outer limb bend.

Offline Jakesnyder

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 04:32:33 am »
Looks awesome and as the osage darkens the teal on the sides will pop out even more.

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »
Thanks for the appreciation fellas!  She shoots real nice, pretty docile in the hand.  Maybe that last bit of perfection could be in the mids and tips, but i don't want to loose any draw weight.  I forgot to mention its assemetrical, top limb is 1.5" longer;)