Author Topic: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year  (Read 37927 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:59:27 pm »
It is time again .  ;D  I am ready. May 23rd 24th and 25th. The CTA shoot in Hickory.  If you have not heard of this or have never been ,It Is A Blast!  For info check out the website  thecta.org  click on state championship.

"The Carolina Traditional Archers along with the Catawba Valley Wildlife Club will host this event on May 23, 24, and 25. The event features two, twenty 3D target courses, novelty shoots, free primitive camping, restrooms, hot showers, seminars, and home cooked meals. Trophies will be awarded for men, women and children in longbow, recurve, and primitive classes.  The Catawba Valley Wildlife Club is located on Highway 10 between Highway 18 and Highway 321. "

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:14:29 pm »
I'll be there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:06:47 pm »
Me too! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 06:21:31 pm »
That was surprising, wasn't it?  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:25:20 pm »
Always surprising around here
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline ScottH

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:55:16 pm »
Nothing don't happen I plan on being there one or two days.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 02:10:09 am »
Scott, I never got to see your finished bow. How bout some pics for the crowd!  8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ScottH

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:42 pm »
Soon as I get it all purtyed up Pat I will post some pictures. I thiink its going to make a nice bow. ;) I've been trying to get caught up on things around here, prioritys you know. ::) Hopefully in the next week or so I will have it presentable.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:34:49 pm »
C U there.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

DBernier

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 07:01:51 pm »
I'll be there also. Its a good shoot and loosing 100# I should be able to run up those hills. See you guys soon. Hey is anybody cooking?  I can bring some venison back straps already marinated.

Dick

Offline nugget

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 11:12:46 pm »
My fire will be lit everyday to cook. Thurs to Sun

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 12:49:17 am »
Dick, I'll be riding with Alan and he said if he didn't shoot then he would spend the weekend cooking. I'm sure we'll work something out.    Pat

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 10:33:30 pm »
Is anyone bringing a tillering tree to Hickory or planning on working on bows there?
I didnt see anyone working on bows last year but may have missed it.

Reason I ask is I'm stuck. Hit a wall. I have this really snaky piece of sage. I have her bending about 30 lbs at approx 10 inches. Haven't braced it yet. It is my first snaky bow and I am having a really hard time telling where it is bending and where it isnt. worse part is that it is twisty side to side as well as belly to back... and even throws a side twist in one limb. Rings are huge tho. Crazy part is one limb is snaky other is pretty straight. Seems the snaky limb is bending better...

Its a project in itself. took me 3 heat treats to get the string to line up and introduce some reflex.
Just thought some more experienced eyes than mine might be able to offer some pointers.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 03:30:59 am »
I will have all my tools and stuff there. I will help ya however I can. I will have a knotty piece of osage to work on.  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 02:38:37 am »
I'll have my bowyers bench and a bucket of tools. If I can remember to ask my friend, I can get a portable tree from him...if I remember. ;D  I'm sure we could figure something out anyway. We are primitive archers! ;D 8)    Pat