Author Topic: Two Events that PA people are involved with Memorial Day.  (Read 6041 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Two Events that PA people are involved with Memorial Day.
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:33:08 pm »
Presque Isle field archers event and the Hickory, N.C. event.  Those going to Presque Isle ought to send RyanO a p.m.  He will be working hard on this shoot.  I am not sure who is running the Hickory Shoot. 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Two Events that PA people are involved with Memorial Day.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:23:44 am »
The shoot near Hickory is sponsored by the Carolina Traditional Archers.  TJ has contact info on the Hickory Shoot thread.
   For those who haven't been and are in driving distance, you won't regret the trip. Great venue, A/C in the clubhouse/dining hall and lots of the same folks as at the Tennessee Classic, 2 3D ranges that are always well set, novelty shoots, free primitive camping for shooters and usually lots of knapping. This was always my #1 shoot for the year til I went to the Tennessee Classic last year 8).  It's a good one!!! ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:13:19 am »
You heard it straight from Rip's mouth... this is a good one!!!!
All you Yankees RyanO "Mr. BOM" also has a great shoot.  He said they were so busy that they didnt' take pics last year.  But He said it is awesome. Hope he will jump on here and describe it.  It is time to have TN classics in all states and those close by come on out because if guys from these boards are there you won't be disappointed.  They are all about helping teaching and friendship.
The plus if you go to NC: you can tug on Pat's beard for good luck
the plus if you go to Penn: you can rub on Molly's sweet head for good luck....
can't lose either way.
 ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:38:33 am »
Just don't rub Molly's head too hard or it will look like mine! :o  ...and if you tug on my beard, don't be surprised what you shake out! ;D       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:34:45 pm »
Thanks Marie."Mr.BOTM" I like that. lol.
 Our shoot is almost completely set up and run by Me, my brother (PatO), and our god Friend Jim Sudal. We just have had so much fun at the other shoots we go to like hawkeyes shoots and of course the classic. That we decided to try and set up our own little shoot at the local archery club. We tried to take some of what we liked about the other shoots we attend and lumped it all together with a few small twist that we think everyone will enjoy.This is our 3rd year to put this shoot on and it keeps getting bigger every year so I guess we must be doing something right.

We have two 3D courses with fun or novelty targets set up randomly though out the course. We have a treeing bear target. A strutting turkey target that spins. A running deer on a cable pulley system, and a charging boar on a pulley system.

We also do 2 different contests during the weekend.
     One we call the smoker round. The entry fee is $5.00. The rules are you may only bring one arrow with you.  We call the shots, which will be more difficult than the regular stakes, the maybe trees to shoot though rocks behind the target etc,etc......you get the point. The object is to make it though the whole course with your arrow still intact and still have the best score. The winner gets to split the pot of entry fees with the club sort of like a 50-50. This year there will be two classes if we have enough shooters. A class for wood arrows and a class for aluminum and carbon. (since there harder to break)

The second one we call the traditional bowhunter challenge. There is no entry fee for this contest. We start this out out by having a qualifier at the practice range. We only take the top five qualifier's into the competion. If you qualify we take you out on a woods walk were we not only test your shooting ability but test your knowledge of woodsman ship, survival skills, hunting. You should bring anything with you that you think you might need for real hunt . Excluding broadheads since we will be hunting foam animals. Extra points will be awarded for being prepared for anything.The winner of the contest will receive the trophy and presque isle field archers t-shirt in his or her size.

We have traditional vendors selling bows arrows quivers, as well as famous wild life artist Jack Puluh, with prints.
We have a pot luck dinner saturday night at the club house please bring a dish to pass....
Door prizes will be drawn for at the dinner and you must be present to win.
We will also have a Swap meet saturday after dinner. Bring your unwanted items to sell or trade......
We will have deminstrations on making primitive fire, tunning wooden arrows, and appying snake skins to a bow.
Sunday moring a church service will be held by christian bowhunters for those who are interested.
Breakfast and lunch will be available saturday and sunday at the club house.

The cost of the shoot is as folows: $10.00 per person per day saturday/sunday
                                                 kids under 12 are free.
                                                 Camping is $5.00 per site for the weekend, fire wood, and running water is provided.
                                                 The club house restrooms are left open a night.
For directions or more info call me or email me 814-796- 0191 or ryanocycleshop@coaxpa.com
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....