Author Topic: When is it too hot in temps for sinew backed  (Read 15677 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: When is it too hot in temps for sinew backed
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2021, 03:10:48 pm »
I guess all those world record holders didn't know what they were doing when they set their bows in the full sun to get hot in the Salt flats before the competition. Weird.

And I guess I was clueless when I get treated the bow that set a new world record. Man I wish I'd have met Tom before hand!

You are not a world record holder in anything. All of the world records in archery were set in the 1980s and haven't been surpassed since. What you got was a made up "record".

Thank God you told me! I guess the records should be altered then. So, im genuinely curious.  What records were set in the 80s, and why are today's records "made up"?

I mean, I could just say shut up you don't know what you are talking about, but instead ill ask you to prove it.

Well said Sleek.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2021, 03:14:51 pm »
A few things apply to you here and as nobody else has told you I will assume the duty.

Two wrongs don't make a right, take your parents as an example.
Now you certainly have a brain, and it has two parts. A left and a right. On the left side of your brain there is nothing right, and on the right side, there is nothing left. Which is why explaining archery to you is like explaining social media to an 80 year old. The way to talk to people on here is very uncouth, it makes me believe the bacteria in your gut is the only culture you have. Its as if your family tree were a cactus, thats why you are such a prick. Lucky for you stupidity isn't a crime, so you are free to go. But stick around, they say laughter is the best medicine, your comments could cure covid! I do wonder, is your butt jealous of all the crap that comes out if your mouth? You do make me jealous though... of all the people who haven't met you.

ANYWAYS......

Id further engage in this mental combat with you but im afraid you are unarmed.

Good Grief, I though your bows where scorchers :o

Offline Tom Dulaney

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2021, 03:46:42 pm »
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2019%20US%20Flight%20Archery%20Records%20Detailed.pdf
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2018-Flight-Records.pdf
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2020_Flight_Records.pdf

damn... I guess all of this is fake then? I guess since you didnt see it (like all those archeological heat treated bows) they just. Dont. Exist. I guess you cant quote ishi then.

You havn't seen him before.

Yes, this is all fake. None of these records are recognized by anyone other than USflightarchery.com. Anyone can start their own federation and list their own "records". But open up independent, world renowned sources (like the Guinness Book of World Records), and you'll see that none of these "records" are anywhere to be found. Same with powerlifting, jump rope, pogo stick, and other sports with no regulation. They have all kinds of difcerent federations boasting different "records". What matters is what the real authorities on records had to say. They all say the records haven't been beaten since the 1980s.

Offline PatM

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2021, 03:48:27 pm »
Who are the real authorities?

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2021, 03:59:08 pm »
so its not real because... it not under the right federation....

well i guess china isnt real because its not under the US government.

Your too worried about facts you can look up online than what has actually been done and can be done!

is a world record more about the title, or is it more about the fact that its been done?
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2021, 04:52:00 pm »
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2019%20US%20Flight%20Archery%20Records%20Detailed.pdf
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2018-Flight-Records.pdf
https://www.usflightarchery.com/pdf/2020_Flight_Records.pdf

damn... I guess all of this is fake then? I guess since you didnt see it (like all those archeological heat treated bows) they just. Dont. Exist. I guess you cant quote ishi then.

You havn't seen him before.

Yes, this is all fake. None of these records are recognized by anyone other than USflightarchery.com. Anyone can start their own federation and list their own "records". But open up independent, world renowned sources (like the Guinness Book of World Records), and you'll see that none of these "records" are anywhere to be found. Same with powerlifting, jump rope, pogo stick, and other sports with no regulation. They have all kinds of difcerent federations boasting different "records". What matters is what the real authorities on records had to say. They all say the records haven't been beaten since the 1980s.

The same argument you’re making against USA flight archery could be used against any other organization. It’s laughable that you use Guinness book of world records as an example since it’s well known that it’s no true authority for many records. Just a money making scheme to sell their books.  (lol) If people want to break those records then they can show up. The ones that care, do!

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2021, 05:26:39 pm »
WOW.  This is an incredibly amusing debate.

Next time..... when does "this" time end?
  Might be sooner than later
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2021, 05:37:56 pm »
WOW.  This is an incredibly amusing debate.

Next time..... when does "this" time end?
  Might be sooner than later

I vote for now.

This community has suffered enough from this inexperienced troll with absolutely no benefit to balance it out. I have reviewed his "body of work" here and he has never posted anything he has done. If he is here to learn, he does not seem capable of doing so, in fact, he is more likely to muddy the waters such that persons seeking to ask honest questions get lost in Tom's need for drama.

As I said, I weary of the community bearing the cost and reaping no benefit. He has been allowed to flourish here, whereas if he tried any of this in person his future dietary needs would have to be met by nothing stronger than broth and gravy.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
Hold On JW, im having fun :) You should read one page back :D Also, since he respects the book of world records, im gonna submit my record to them. Just to put some salt in his ego. That ego is so inflated a guy would need a parachute to jump from it to reach his IQ.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2021, 06:40:36 pm »
Hold On JW, im having fun :) You should read one page back :D Also, since he respects the book of world records, im gonna submit my record to them. Just to put some salt in his ego. That ego is so inflated a guy would need a parachute to jump from it to reach his IQ.

Oh my gosh  (lol)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2021, 09:46:20 am »

You are coming out with some good one  :OK.  Too bad I had to ban him  (lol)
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline sleek

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:29 am »

You are coming out with some good one  :OK.  Too bad I had to ban him  (lol)

Pity, now how am I going to spend my Thursday?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2021, 11:00:20 am »
Building bows?  :BB
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2021, 11:58:20 am »
Id like to, but im building parts for the B52 bomber all day...

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2021, 01:40:24 pm »
thank you Marc,,