Author Topic: Bamboo backed Eastern Red Cedar takedown ELB  (Read 4859 times)

Offline M2A

Re: Bamboo backed Eastern Red Cedar takedown ELB
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 09:06:33 am »
Cool set. lot of thought and work into all them details.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 02:52:20 pm »
Thanks everyone! It’s been a fun kit to build and fun to shoot too! I’m hoping to get her to mojam to meet everyone. I’m confident of there being a mojam this year, and I she will fit right in with us.

Kevin, I feel like I may have to put a barrier up around the hammock once I get you your bow for out trade

I may have to make some artificial owl feathers next 😁 I feel like that’s doable

Hawkdancer, I should have an ERC stave or two up in the barn I can bring along to mojam. And some more bamboo if you’d like to make one of these this year

This was my second BBERC (thanks for that one Gifford) and I’m a fan of this combo. Though the first one I attempted to tiller with a belt sander and got a little carried away in one spot making the tiller a little too much bend in the inner third making it take light crystals. So you almost have to treat it like I tempered black locust, if your not careful with the tiller it will tell you where you went wrong. But is a beautiful combo that shoots well when it does

Kyle

gutpile

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 03:48:50 pm »
I literally tilled my sinew back ERC with sandpaper.. wood is that soft... this is a gorgeous bow brother..great job.. I am going to build a perry reflex boo backed erc here soon and a erc recurve sinew backed.. they are top on the list... when I finish this osage shorty.. again great job...gut

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 04:06:47 pm »
That’s kinda what I learned from the last one. So after bracing I tillered this bow with 80 grit paper. Plus the wood is so soft that if I tillered by scraper I would shift the bend by the time I pull sand out the scraper marks. And tillering with sandpaper there are no marks to remove.

Kyle

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 04:33:18 pm »
Very nice bow! Kyle well done!
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 06:14:21 pm »
Thanks everyone! It’s been a fun kit to build and fun to shoot too! I’m hoping to get her to mojam to meet everyone. I’m confident of there being a mojam this year, and I she will fit right in with us.

Kevin, I feel like I may have to put a barrier up around the hammock once I get you your bow for out trade

I may have to make some artificial owl feathers next 😁 I feel like that’s doable

Hawkdancer, I should have an ERC stave or two up in the barn I can bring along to mojam. And some more bamboo if you’d like to make one of these this year

This was my second BBERC (thanks for that one Gifford) and I’m a fan of this combo. Though the first one I attempted to tiller with a belt sander and got a little carried away in one spot making the tiller a little too much bend in the inner third making it take light crystals. So you almost have to treat it like I tempered black locust, if your not careful with the tiller it will tell you where you went wrong. But is a beautiful combo that shoots well when it does

Kyle

I'm gonna do my best to have it done for you bud! I'm out on contract right now, soon as I get home ill get more done on it.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 02:35:21 pm »
Wait, What, Kyle's got a girlfriend...?  (A)
When did that happen?  ;)
Oh, and great looking bow Amigo.  :OK

Offline organic_archer

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 03:02:09 pm »
Nice work! I bet she's pumped to have a legit kit of her own!
Owner
Organic Archery
Hand-Crafted Longbows & Wooden Arrows

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 04:46:54 pm »
Wait, What, Kyle's got a girlfriend...?  (A)
When did that happen?  ;)
Oh, and great looking bow Amigo.  :OK

I know right! That’s just not a sentence you ever hear 😁

The weather finally turned nice when she was here and I was able to get her out shooting. She loved it! It shot very well for her. And she did very well with it in a short amount of time. I’m kinda surprised at how quiet it is. 5’ away and if I wasn’t watching her shoot I wouldn’t even know she loosed and arrow.

Kyle

Offline silent sniper

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 09:24:26 am »
Awesome work Kyle, that’s an impressive setup you built 👍🏻