Author Topic: Three New Knives I Just Finished  (Read 9775 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Three New Knives I Just Finished
« on: May 09, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
Hey I have been staying up till the Wee Hours of the Morning trying to get something done ....working every day 12 hours a day sux....Well I finished these Three knives This Morning.....I think that they turned out nice....So I thought that I would Share them with You All..

The first one is Georgetown Flint Blade that is 6 inches long and 1 3/8" wide with nice flaking Scars down both sides...and was serrated with a flattened Copper Nail....the Handle is from a Shed that I picked up along one of Our only flowing Creeks here in the Panhandle and I hafted it to the Blade with Gut Hafting and Hide Glue....overall length with the curved Antler Handle is just over 11 inches

The Second Knife is made from a Mahogany Obsidian Blade that is 4 inches long and 1 1/2" wide...it has awesome colors and really looks cool when you look at it in the Sun....The Handle is my Signature Cholla Cactus with a Birdseye Maple Pommel....it is also Hafted with Gut and Hide Glue

The Third and Final Knife is made from Ribbone Obsidian....it's Blade is 4 3/8" long and 1 5/8" wide....t has some nice scars on it too and it is Hafted to a nice gnarly piece of Cholla with Gut Hafting and Hide Glue too..

These two Matching Knives were made for  Gifts for my Youngest Brother and my Father....I tried to get them to be as exact as Possible ....while still being different enough to be Personal....I think I pulled it off

I want to thank Do-Da for another nice bunch of knapped Blades for Me.....I find it a privilege to put His Blades to use in my Knives....He is an Awesome Old Man....that I hold in High Regards......Onjida Niijii Wag

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Three New Knives I Just Finished
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 05:40:45 pm »
Man that cautus is cool!
Mililani Hawaii

Dingleberry

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:18 pm »
Very nice.  That's too many great items at once, I'm overwhelmed.  Like leapingbare said, that catus is killer.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:13 pm »
  Nice knives, I have about a 5' section of that cactus. It was a tourist rain stick. I'll have to give it a try.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:08:34 pm »
Aesome knives Mike your dad and little brother are lucky guys.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 10:35:13 pm »
dang brother, your place must be looking like a museum by now with all those primitive weapons.. hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 10:56:06 pm »
  Nice knives, I have about a 5' section of that cactus. It was a tourist rain stick. I'll have to give it a try.

I think that the Chilean Rainsticks are a little different...but I bet they are just as Hard and woul;d be as nice for a Handle....and 5 foot will make a Bunch of them!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 11:10:59 pm »
dang brother, your place must be looking like a museum by now with all those primitive weapons.. hawk

The Wife is having a blast trying to Dust around it all....I have been hearing about it lately too!!!!

;D
2024...We Will Overcome

bow kid44

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 11:16:07 pm »
cool bows  :o

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:45 pm »
cool bows  :o

BOWS???????

L.M.A.O.R.O.T.F.P.M.P.

;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:59 am »
Nice looking stuff! I really admire a good stone knife, and in this case, three of them!
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 05:18:48 am »

hey, these are beatiful!

f.
Frank from Germany...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 05:23:59 am »
Thanks Guy's ....these have been fun to make.....but I am going to have to Stop.....or start selling them.....because the Wife says....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! SO I guess I am going to have to start Trading them.....I ain't going to quit making them ..........CAN'T!!!!  :o
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 12:46:15 am »
very very nice work, really like the chola handles, super knapping also.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:54:14 am »
very very nice work, really like the chola handles, super knapping also.   Kenneth

Thanks Kenneth....I Love making these Knives....and the Cholla is some Tough Stuff too...The Blades are Nice aren't they?? These Blades were knapped by a Disabled Cherokee Elder from Oklahoma....He has me call Him Do-Da...pronounced Doe- Dah....He is 83 and does this for a Hobby....I really like them...He does a really good Job... and I like to help Him out too!!
2024...We Will Overcome