Author Topic: Bear Video  (Read 8332 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Bear Video
« on: May 10, 2008, 12:14:32 pm »
Have any of you seen this video on youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDEW-nIg844&feature=related

I've heard of this but never seen anything like it
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Bear Video
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:46:50 pm »
yeah, man thats sad to hear it bawling, but its what has to be done. the bear didnt kill it just for the heck of it....
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:29:49 pm »
Bears get a lot of deer fawns here. Bear predation on young elk has been the major setback for the elk reintroduction efforts here in the Smoky Mountains.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:06:27 pm »
yeah good supply of bears in the east, they do a hurtin on fawns and calfs along with yoddlers.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:54:05 pm »
Unfortunatly with all the National Parks in the Smokey Mountains there is very little hunting presure on the bears.  So dificult to reintroduce elk.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 11:56:54 pm »
i could help add some pressure! i've heard bear is pretty good. >:D
lets just shoot it

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 12:11:06 am »
The grizz here stalk the elk herds when the cows are having their young... they have learned that a baby elk are easy pickins.. sad to see but part of the great circle of life.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:25:01 pm »
No Marc I have never seen anything like that.  I have only heard stories. Hillbilly, get you a distress call and work over those bears.  Just mimic that calf's sound and they will come.  ;) It is the most exciting hunting you will ever do. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 10:23:40 am »
Justin, a couple guys I know called in a big bear with a predator call one night-it put them back in their truck.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 12:08:15 pm »
The Griz and black bears take elk calves for about the first three weeks of the new borns.  Then when the calves get big enough to travel the wolves take over the hunt as they are chase animals.  The Griz kill lots of the neighbors calves during the summer grazing season when the cattle are on the forest.  The Griz are off the endangered species list but still illegal to kill.  They can out run a horse for a short distance.  What bothers me is seeing the elk being eaten alive by the wolves.  That's life in our part of Wyoming!!  Both wolves and bears are fantastic animals, we just have more than the environment can handle!  Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:26:25 pm »
Sounds like hear in upper michigan watcher, lots of bl;ack bears that the DNR decided to start a drawing for limited tags ???

And to many wolves that have been delisted now but will never see a hunting season, just mention it and the wolf lovers cringe and cry.

Of course I don't like to see people taking the law into their own hands but I know for a fact that the wolves are being thinned out somewhat ;)

They also claim their isn't a breeding population of cougar up here but I understand why they won't as soon as they acknowledge them they will

have to formulate a management plan and that means $$$$$$$
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 04:08:21 pm »
Dana, last time I was in the UP you had more than your share of black bears in the Paradise area. Never understood why they didn't allow more hunting oppportunities for residents. Now they have them as far south as Newaygo Co. in the lower portion with seasons.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 04:11:27 pm »
Politics and money Tracy thats what Michigans DNR is all about these days >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 04:33:36 pm »
There's a few states that operate that way unfortunately.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 04:44:31 pm »
Hey, same problem on the west coast states. They wont admit to how many cougar there actually are.  Now they are starting to attack humans but it only seems the bunny lovers get outraged is when there Poodle fluffy gets snacked on. "Oh, My poor Smookems got ate!". Best use for a poodle died pink I can think of!  >:D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill