Author Topic: people on PA vs large arrow companies helix...  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Fox

people on PA vs large arrow companies helix...
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:23:16 am »
large arrow companies (or small) all fletch their arrows generally so that the fletching offset is opposite...  they fletch them so that the helix is opposite to the way the feather naturally curls, which when they do it makes a really nice fletch and is how I've tried to fletch arrows for quite a while, they normally look good... but fly like s*** although the store-bought ones I have fly pretty good.

Now lots of fletching I see on here people fletch their shafts so that they just follow the natural curve of the feathers, they seem to have good luck with this....

and then the only good arrow I ever made was straight fletched... but it still wasn't quite perfect

I really want to start making my own arrows, cause I'm tired of the big archer companies, and tods arrows seem awesome but I couldn't afford the fletched ones, I could the shafts probably....
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: people on PA vs large arrow companies helix...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 11:56:13 am »
Have you tried bare shaft tuning your arrows before fletching? If the shaft flies poorly it is unlikely your fletched arrows will fly well.
 I don't use helical fletching. I use offset straight fletching and get good arrow flight. Having weight forward arrows helps with arrow flight also.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Fox

Re: people on PA vs large arrow companies helix...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 03:18:14 pm »
pat all my arrows are barshafted and flying true before fletching.
I probably should have said offset... that's more of what I do aswell though
Why must we make simple things so complicated?