Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 122644 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #825 on: July 28, 2023, 06:46:15 am »
Farming has been going well. Our crop look remarkable.

Thanks for remembering my brother. He went through chemo and radiation. It shrunk his tumor, but they still had to do surgery. He has adjusted well. Has a good attitude and the doctor said they are almost 100% certain they got all the cancer. He looks much better.

The big problem I haven’t mentioned yet is my sister in law. I have been debating whether I should mention it because my sister in law and other brother are not big fans of social media. Also as much as we would appreciate the prayers I don’t like to bring up religion here even though I don’t really think this would break that rule or offend anyone.

I have been thinking I should bring it up and I think this is probably a good time.
My sister is in law has had serious back problems for many years. It got to the point it was simply not tolerable anymore. She had a major back surgery over four weeks ago. She has had a multitude of complications. Her kidneys shut down. She has a bad infection. She has complications from the anesthesia that have really complicated things. She has sugar. She hasn’t been eating. She is definitely in need of prayers. I feel so bad for my brother who has been at her side the entire time.

I really can’t give much more details than that as communication with my brother has been hard to get and usually passed along by one of us. Usually I think no new is good news but it seems that isn’t the case here. I think the good news has gotten so rare that my brother just can’t bare to give us the bad news.

I do know she has had several surgeries since and one the day before yesterday. They had to drain fluids and find infection.

As I understand it was in the hardware. They removed almost half the hardware and replaced it. The last I knew she was not recovering well from the anesthesia. They didn’t think her kidney was filtering properly.

I have been so thankful for the beautiful crops we have had this year. But my prayers of thanksgiving are immediately followed by requests for strength and healing for my sister in law and my brother.

Times like this really make us realize what really is important.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #826 on: July 28, 2023, 09:30:19 am »
I'm really sorry for the bad news.
I have a difficult relationship with religion and prayers but I wish you and your dears all the best.
If power of though exists some positive energy will reach you.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #827 on: July 28, 2023, 12:08:38 pm »
I can’t see anything other than my first post on the new page again.

I can see that Glis replied last, but I can’t see his reply yet or anyone else’s if they did.

Hopefully a couple replies and I can

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #828 on: July 28, 2023, 12:09:27 pm »
One more?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #829 on: July 28, 2023, 12:10:22 pm »
Not working yet

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #830 on: July 28, 2023, 12:50:12 pm »
One from page 54

Offline chamookman

« Reply #831 on: July 29, 2023, 02:46:03 am »
Thoughts and Prayers sent Brain ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #832 on: July 29, 2023, 07:22:18 am »
I still can’t see anything on page 56 except for my first reply. See if this works.

Bjrogg

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #833 on: July 30, 2023, 10:11:51 am »
you can try to change browser to see primitiveArcher site. That should fix your problem.
Both on computer and smartphone there are free version of Firefox, Brave or Chrome you can try to download and install

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #834 on: July 30, 2023, 11:35:56 am »
you can try to change browser to see primitiveArcher site. That should fix your problem.
Both on computer and smartphone there are free version of Firefox, Brave or Chrome you can try to download and install

Thanks for the info and I appreciate your positive energy.

I don’t know much about my server but I will check into it. I know on most of my computers I can’t even access the site anymore because they won’t allow it.

I’m sure it has something to do with my end and isn’t a caused by the site. It happens on leatherwall to

Bjrogg

PS I can see page 56 now

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #835 on: July 30, 2023, 12:30:40 pm »
BJ, so sorry to read about your brother and sister in law. Sometimes it's hard to understand why certain things happen in our lives. I will definitely pray for you and your family to bring comfort in everything you are going through. On the other hand, very happy your hard work is paying off and your crops are doing so well.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #836 on: July 30, 2023, 01:56:24 pm »
BJ, so sorry to read about your brother and sister in law. Sometimes it's hard to understand why certain things happen in our lives. I will definitely pray for you and your family to bring comfort in everything you are going through. On the other hand, very happy your hard work is paying off and your crops are doing so well.

Thanks Steve. Life certainly can be a roller coaster. It was a year ago today I was doing a demonstration at the youth mentors day when my dad passed away. That was a roller coaster in itself.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2023, 07:07:30 am »
Was a busy day yesterday again. The start of fair week and this grandpa has some grandkids that are very involved in the fair.

I got up early and finished spraying our beans. Then I went to the fair to watch the goat show. It started at 9:00am and I really had to hustle to make it in time.

Glad I did though. I really enjoy watching my grandkids show their animals. They work very hard taking care of them. Training them and showing them. They have a lot of their own time and money invested in them. My grandson took grand champion showmanship in his class. Other than sitting on those bleachers it was a great experience for this grandpa.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2023, 07:16:25 am »
When the show was over I helped my son with straw. He still fills two barns with small squares. I’m getting a little old to be a big help with unloading them but I try to do what I can to help. Mostly I raked some straw and hauled the wagons.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2023, 07:22:56 am »
It’s a pop up wagon but not a pop up bailer. It’s a stacker bailer so at least one person has to take the bails off the bailer shoot and pile them on the wagon.

Bjrogg