Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 119887 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #990 on: November 27, 2023, 09:19:02 am »
Thanks Ben. I bet you were yelling run forest run.

I’m glad no one seemed to be seriously injured although there were a few banged up a little.

Our team played hard and so did theirs . I believe both teams only lost one game in the last two seasons. We lost to them in the final game last year and they lost to us in the final game this year.

I don’t know what next season will bring. Going to lose about half the team and our coach is retiring.

We will see how much the younger players learned.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #991 on: November 27, 2023, 09:25:22 am »
Thanks Bob. It was way kewl. Definitely better than the Lions Thanksgiving Day game.

Had our second Thanksgiving dinner yesterday with our kids and grandkids. Was very nice. Everyone was still a bit tired out from the game, but we relaxed and enjoyed each other’s company and the food. Definitely thankful

Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #992 on: November 27, 2023, 09:33:14 am »
I kind of liked the Lions game BJ  :) :) of course I am a Green bay fan, hard to be a Titans fan that's for sure. They did win yesterday but the team that beat has only won 1 game all year and is just a little worse than the Titans.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #993 on: December 31, 2023, 11:39:09 am »
I kind of liked the Lions game BJ  :) :) of course I am a Green bay fan, hard to be a Titans fan that's for sure. They did win yesterday but the team that beat has only won 1 game all year and is just a little worse than the Titans.  :)
 Pappy

Sorry Pappy. I thought I replied to your post but I must not have pushed the post button.

I’m not a huge sports fan but I like to watch the Tigers and the Lions. Being a long time Lion fan I am very use to being disappointed. If I had to count on them for happiness I’d be a miserable man.

Having said that I have very much enjoyed this season. We definitely have a different team. I know our coach is very different but our players seem to really like playing for him and he seems to get the best out of them.

The loss to the Cowboys last night was again a controversial one decided by the officials. It appeared that the Lions took the lead with 24 seconds remaining with a successful two point conversion. After the celebration a flag was thrown and the officials said the receiver didn’t report and was ineligible. Video shows the player walking up to referee to report. Player that ref said did report was ten yards away and said he didn’t report. Impossible to know for sure but it was a tough loss after what appeared to be a hard fought win.

One thing I really like about this team. They are playing with heart. They are leaving it all on the field and when they have a bad game they are shaking it off and coming back fresh. They sure got my attention.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #994 on: December 31, 2023, 11:59:37 am »
I can’t believe how busy I have been yet . To busy to post much but I certainly got an enormous amount of work done so hopefully that helps me get some play time later.

Just a few pictures

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #995 on: December 31, 2023, 12:00:41 pm »
Grandsons Christmas pageant

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #996 on: December 31, 2023, 12:01:32 pm »
A lot of spreading fertilizer

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #997 on: December 31, 2023, 12:02:24 pm »
Santa

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #998 on: December 31, 2023, 12:03:16 pm »
Our cedar Christmas tree from the ditch

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #999 on: December 31, 2023, 01:53:58 pm »
Glad you aqt least got some time off for the holidays, Brian. Best wishes to you and yours.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1000 on: December 31, 2023, 04:37:02 pm »
Thanks Pat. Yes it’s so nice to get a little break. Really enjoying the holidays.

Just finished grilling two whole back straps on my grill in the snow. They were excellent

Bjrogg

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #1001 on: December 31, 2023, 06:26:34 pm »
Thanks Pat. Yes it’s so nice to get a little break. Really enjoying the holidays.

Just finished grilling two whole back straps on my grill in the snow. They were excellent

Bjrogg

Sounds good!  I am going through some serious elk withdrawls this year.  Ah well.  It is the hardships that make us stronger.  At least there's still beef.   ;D
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1002 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:20 pm »
Looks like a great  Christmas , hope you have a great 2024. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1003 on: January 01, 2024, 05:43:14 am »
Great Pics, glad things are well !  (= Bob)
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1004 on: January 02, 2024, 02:29:19 pm »
Thanks WB better luck to you next year. I’m fortunate to have several friends who bring me there deer because they don’t eat it. I’m guessing they don’t do that much with Elk.
Bjrogg