Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 122644 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #1005 on: January 02, 2024, 02:34:17 pm »
Yes very nice Christmas Pappy. We still have my siblings yet. So far so good in 2024. Hope you have a good 2024 too

Glad you liked the pictures Bob

See if I can get a few more for you

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1006 on: January 02, 2024, 02:36:48 pm »
Put in a little overtime and made a Christmas present for our gift exchange

Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1007 on: January 03, 2024, 05:44:11 am »
Nice ! Is that Yucca Handle material ?  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1008 on: January 03, 2024, 09:24:01 am »
Nice ! Is that Yucca Handle material ?  (=) Bob.

Thanks Bob

The handle is Cholla cactus that was gifted to me from Jon
It’s hafted with pitch glue and wrapped with sinew. ( actually I wasn’t finished wrapping when picture taken) and has a button of black walnut and English walnut on end of handle. Blade is obsidian my cousin collected from glass butte.

Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1009 on: January 04, 2024, 09:06:46 am »
Nice little knife BJ. Love the handle, I have a few of them and they make sweet light weight handles, I usually fill them with epoxy and sand them down so they are solid. Either way they are beautiful. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1010 on: January 05, 2024, 04:51:51 am »
Was eating some Crackers/Cheese/Deer Sausage yesterday, and happened to read the Box. Never had seen the nice blurb about where the Wheat comes from - "Our White Winter Wheat starts it's journey in the Thumb of Michigan, where generations of Family Farmers grow and Harvest the Wheat used in  Our Crackers." Triscuit Brand Crackers. Pretty Darn Kewl !!!!!!!!!!  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1011 on: January 05, 2024, 08:47:53 am »
Was eating some Crackers/Cheese/Deer Sausage yesterday, and happened to read the Box. Never had seen the nice blurb about where the Wheat comes from - "Our White Winter Wheat starts it's journey in the Thumb of Michigan, where generations of Family Farmers grow and Harvest the Wheat used in  Our Crackers." Triscuit Brand Crackers. Pretty Darn Kewl !!!!!!!!!!  (=) Bob

That is pretty cool Bob. I didn’t know they put that on their box either. I know several places that exclusively use white winter wheat grown from the thumb of Michigan, but I didn’t know they put it on the box.

Our farm and several others have been working together with Kellogg, Star of the West and several other companies on identify preservation, and sustainability practices we use as environmental and crop protection solutions. I believe we have been working together with them for 7 or 8 years now maybe more, time flies. I know they are very proud of the work that we have done.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1012 on: January 05, 2024, 08:40:35 pm »
Made a stand for the knife.

Also made a Christmas Ornament. Knapped it from fiber optic glass.

Bjrogg

Online BrianS

« Reply #1013 on: January 05, 2024, 09:12:38 pm »
Nice job on the knife and ornament

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1014 on: January 07, 2024, 01:40:01 pm »
Thanks Brian. I broke a really nice point yesterday. Put it down and picked up another spall. Knocked out this one. Figured I should probably just put it down at this point.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1015 on: January 12, 2024, 01:47:33 pm »
Getting ready for the storm. Not sure what we will get but it sounds like it’s going to be nasty.

Got a few projects done. My brother asked if I could make a step that was 4” high 15” long and 12” wide for his wife’s physical therapy.

I put a little hand hole in top to get ahold of it. It’s band sawed ash and I didn’t plane it. Just cleaned it up a little with hand belt sander so it still had some traction. It was just stuff I had laying around and it looked a little plain. I decided to touch it up a little with wood stain and my airbrush.

Sure hope it works for her

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1016 on: January 12, 2024, 01:56:08 pm »
Also finished the point I put down the other day. It’s a nice sized spear point and I halved it to a cholla with pine pitch and sinew. Put a button off some exotic wood scraps I was gifted. I drilled a very small hole in the button and put artificial sinew loop end through the hole. Then I wiggled the end out the cholla holes and tide a knot that was too big to go through the hole I drilled. I just hang it for display. I think it turned out great. Much nicer than using an eye bolt too.

Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1017 on: January 13, 2024, 04:47:18 am »
Nice !  (=) Bob.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1018 on: January 13, 2024, 09:27:46 am »
Thanks Bob. Hope you survived the storm alright. I think we had more snow before the storm. We got about three inches of slush. What a mess. Muddy ground underneath. Really wish it would’ve froze up first. Now it’s supposed to really get cold.

Took a picture by shop yesterday. Before the storm. It’s still dark here yet and electricity is out. I hooked up the generator.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1019 on: January 13, 2024, 09:44:55 am »
I’ve been on a roll knapping lately so I’m taking advantage of it. Obsidian blade, cholla handle. Halft with pitch glue and white tail leg sinew.

Base is reclaimed black walnut from a pallet. I cut a grove in the base of a shed antler and lined it with scrap red fox leg fur.

Not a bad way to ride the storm out

Bjrogg