Author Topic: pigheaded impatience!  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: pigheaded impatience!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 09:34:38 pm »
You jinx me Pat!  >:( I screwed up my bamboo backed erc, I know, I didnt take your advise to slow down....lol.   :o
She blew big frets right at the fade on the one side I pulled on her to much before the rest of the limb was working...
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 09:48:52 pm »
Its becoming a pandemic!!! :o   Run for your lives. ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 09:56:43 pm »
Well, I was planning on trying to finish tillering my latest osage bow tomorrow, but y'all are putting a lot of bad vibes out...... :o
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 10:37:13 pm »
  Got me worried now too. I have that Hickory I started at Pappy's at 65# @24". I wanted to finish it this weekend. I might hold off now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:12:04 pm »
I aint touching nothin' for least a week after reading this thread....

Man Pat... bum luck. chin up tho.
later.
n2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:13 am »
Well I aint Askeerd ah no Bad Luck.....I gots me a Hickory Backed Birdseye Maple Stave glued up with 4 inched of reflex in it....and I just think I will cut Her out tomorrow and make me a Flipped Tip Paddle Bow out of it.... 2 1/2" wide and all nice and Bendy through the Handle too .....I'll keep you Guys posted......

Cowboy.....I have that one set of Billets all ready to glue together....and all of the rest of it is just sitting and curing....waiting to see what this one turns out like ....before I do anything with the Others....

Mullet..I got the Chainsaw sharpened tonight....and I am going Hunting Mesquite tomorrow......I will keep You posted....The Boo lost a few leaves....but I think it is still going to make it..... Thanks again Eddie
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 12:44:34 am »
I think I may have solved my problem well at least for the time being. I ground out the damaged wood and glued in a patch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 12:59:05 am »
Ron, I had to wait til the sun went down but now Mr Evan Williams is consoling me.  ;D  That man knows what hes doing! ;) I do have a bit of spring water from Shannon in the freezer just in case.  8)
  Radius, believe me, that phrase has kept me going for over 40 years. My mantra! 8)
   One of the next bows on the tarmac is a very snaky guava bow with worm holes. I might just put that on the back burner for a while. ;D     Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings.       Pat

ps. cool Ryan Take it slow!!! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dano

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 01:14:42 am »
Next time please don't take my advice Pat. I'm working on my first bendy handled bow, osage, so I may survive your jinx.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 01:18:42 am »
Dano, If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy! (another mantra of mine!)     Pat
ps  Good luck on your endeavor, Dano!

Offline Dano

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 01:21:45 am »

Thank you my friend.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!" Greater words were never spoken. ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 02:19:57 am »
Me Neva broke nu'en! Me PAAAAIIIITTTTIIIEEENNNTTT!!!!  ;D

I am sure now that I said this the next bow will blow on me!  ;)

Sorry to hear about the bow Pat. Just remember its only a hunk of wood with hours and hours and hours of your time and effort put into it! Now try translating that into how much ya make in an hour!!!!  >:D

Sorry, sometimes I just cant help myself!  O:)

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 07:39:53 am »
Crap happens eh Pat, I don't have to worry about breaking any wood unless its a shovel handle, wife has had me busy getting the garden in
and planting some plum trees she had to have. When I'm done with all my chores I get to cook dinner also. All I've had time to do is a little chippin.
I have to casement windows to put in then a remodel of the living room etc. Hopefully buy hunting season I will have some free time :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 10:53:05 am »
Me Neva broke nu'en! Me PAAAAIIIITTTTIIIEEENNNTTT!!!!  ;D

I am sure now that I said this the next bow will blow on me!  ;)

David T
David, be patient, you will get your opportunity to explode one.  The only way to not break one is to quit building them.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah