Author Topic: Chuckles?!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Chuckles?!
« on: March 12, 2023, 04:41:26 am »
Happy Daylight Savings Time!  May or may not be worthy of a laugh, but what the heck, I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!  Better crazy than dumb!  Did manage to get the new scales drilled for a kitchen knife I've been putting off for years!  Genuine Colorado Peach!  Aged over 6 years!  This starts St. Patrick's Week!  I will chill some more Irish Red, and lift a glass to you all!
Not sure why, but I will likely stay up to change the clocks officially (lol) :fp. BTW, I do self bows :BB!
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Chuckles?!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 08:04:17 am »
Being this far north I enjoy the daylight in the evening more than the morning.

I don’t mind going to daylight savings time in the spring, but I sure mind switching back to regular time in the fall and having it get dark by 5:30

I don’t usually stay up to set the clock. I just try to adjust myself to the new time by getting up a half hour late this morning. Then going to bed a hour early tonight and getting up on schedule tomorrow.

I have a couple clocks that set themselves anyway and the rest can just wait till I get around to it.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 12:53:06 pm »
Being this far north I enjoy the daylight in the evening more than the morning.

+1 on that. The farther north you are, the better an idea it becomes.

I don't understand all the hate on switching time. It is a trivial thing these days with phones, computers and clocks that mostly adjust automatically and it optimizes our day a bit better around a widely varying amount of daylight through the year. If you live on the Gulf Coast where it is 6am/6pm all year there is no point to it but up here we get around 8hrs of light in winter and closer to 18hrs in summer.

Mark

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 10:32:09 pm »
Same here, BJ.  I wish we could just stay on DLST year round.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 01:21:15 am »
This may be the year!  If anything can get through Congress!  Oops
, that sounds almost political, my bad! :fp (lol)
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 07:50:54 am »
This may be the year!  If anything can get through Congress!  Oops
, that sounds almost political, my bad! :fp (lol)

Jerry at the risk of sounding political. These days everything sounds political.

My solution is when we switch back to regular time in the fall I stay on daylight savings time schedule till done with harvest.

I’m usually getting up three or four hours before the sun then anyway and not going home till three or four hours after it goes down. But I’d still rather have more hours of dark in the morning than the evening.

It just seems so much easier when you already have your night vision dialed in and you know the sun is going to be coming up.

Transitioning from sun to twilight to darkness is harder.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise