Author Topic: Happy New Year~  (Read 931 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Happy New Year~
« on: December 31, 2023, 07:35:36 pm »
I hope all you archers and bowyers are bidding farewell to 2023 in style.  Here's the main course for the New Year feast here at Badger Manor:  A beef rib roast smoked over hickory shavings from the latest bow project.

Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Happy New Year~
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 07:39:52 pm »
Happy new year also. Looks like you are going out in style. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 09:15:35 am »
Wishing everyone a Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year.

What time is dinner WB?

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 01:43:49 pm »
Oh sweeeet! That should satisfy!

I had gotten a nice little bonus for Christmas and I spent a good bite of it on a small prime rib that I made on the 26th. It was mighty good. The second half of it got run through the countertop meat slicer that I scored on F/B Marketplace for cheap. That shaved prime rib got served up last night as French Dip sammiches along with an inexpensive bottle of California knock-off champagne.

I figgered our friends in New Zealand and Australia did a good enough job of welcoming in the New Year, so I hit the hay at about 9:00, so my thanks to those downunder for taking care of that for me.

I am about to go out and get a new bottle of propane for the heater in the garage. Today's task is to strip a hundred turkey feathers for fletching, I have an order from a movie props company for three dozen assorted Upper Great Plains horsebow arrows. They are willing to pay for them all to be "hero shot" arrows, being historically accurate enough for close ups. That means I will be doing a lot of rabbit hunting in places where dogwood and chokecherry grow this winter. Fortunately, you tend to find one where you find the other.

Here's to a greaat New Year to everyone!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 03:03:00 pm »
That’s pretty cool JW

And I really like the idea of celebrating with our friends from down under.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 05:03:09 pm »
Sorry, BJ, you missed supper, but come on by and raid the fridge for leftovers.

I had gotten a nice little bonus for Christmas and I spent a good bite of it on a small prime rib that I made on the 26th. It was mighty good. The second half of it got run through the countertop meat slicer that I scored on F/B Marketplace for cheap. That shaved prime rib got served up last night as French Dip sammiches along with an inexpensive bottle of California knock-off champagne.

I figgered our friends in New Zealand and Australia did a good enough job of welcoming in the New Year, so I hit the hay at about 9:00, so my thanks to those downunder for taking care of that for me.

I am about to go out and get a new bottle of propane for the heater in the garage. Today's task is to strip a hundred turkey feathers for fletching, I have an order from a movie props company for three dozen assorted Upper Great Plains horsebow arrows. They are willing to pay for them all to be "hero shot" arrows, being historically accurate enough for close ups. That means I will be doing a lot of rabbit hunting in places where dogwood and chokecherry grow this winter. Fortunately, you tend to find one where you find the other.

;D  Everything about this post makes me happy.  That has to be cool seeing your work in the movies.  Do you know what the movie is?  I'll go see it and cheer on your arrows.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 11:59:41 pm »
Good luck with that project JW~ Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you all enough!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 09:06:36 pm »
Sorry, BJ, you missed supper, but come on by and raid the fridge for leftovers.

;D  Everything about this post makes me happy.  That has to be cool seeing your work in the movies.  Do you know what the movie is?  I'll go see it and cheer on your arrows.

1) I had to sign an NDA, nondisclosure agreement
2) They didn't tell me diddly squat, just ordered arrows!

If you saw the prequel to Yellowstone, "1883", the Sioux war party was mostly carrying my stuff. And yes, the fateful arrow was one of mine. (Don't nobody say nothing more about this, NO SPOILERS!)

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 09:52:47 pm »
Athbhlain Faoi Mhaise duit!  Happy New Year to all!  We did steak night at the local pub and listened to the live band, then came home, Jacie was fighting  the crud!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 10:07:33 pm »
1) I had to sign an NDA, nondisclosure agreement
2) They didn't tell me diddly squat, just ordered arrows!

If you saw the prequel to Yellowstone, "1883", the Sioux war party was mostly carrying my stuff. And yes, the fateful arrow was one of mine. (Don't nobody say nothing more about this, NO SPOILERS!)

Dang, those guys trying to make money sure do mess up our fun.  I haven't seen Yellowstone or its prequel, but I hear it's pretty good.  I live in Wyoming, so I guess I should check it out.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour