Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 25, 2008 - July 27, 2008

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama and primitive skills weekend  (Read 62500 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama and primitive skills weekend
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 05:01:43 pm »
Not worth it without a ransom. Do you think anyone would pay us to haul you off?       
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 05:19:26 pm »
I will be there pat. Not sure how early but was thinking friday round noon.

TJ - sent you an email regarding giving you a lift. I could get you there but you might have to find a different way home. Have to pick up my wife's mom from charlotte on sunday round 2 I think. The price of getting away for the weekend.

looking forward to it. Will bring up some toys and materials.

Too bad I just found out now about y'all building a pit for treating rock..... I have been cooking rock all day in the oven..... my wife is gonna hit the roof when she gets home from work.... house is hot as hades. Picked up approx 50 lbs of untreated flint ridge while I was up in OH.

gotta run and actually get some work done.
later.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Dingleberry

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 10:39:54 am »
Hey n2everything.  What part of Ohio did you pick that rock up from?  My wife is from the Akron area and once a year we go up to visit her folks.  I would love to get hold of some.  Did you buy it from somewhere? or hunt it out from the woods?

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
I went to the Flint ridge park. It is about 5 miles north of I-70 on 668. West of Zanesville and south east of Newark.

There are several dealers up there close to the museum. The museum sells some really nice heat treated bifaces but the cost is high. I got a few anyway. Good thing to support and it is a cool museum if you are up that way. They had a knapper working and nice displays and some trails thru the woods. West of the museum on Flint ridge road is a private museum and shop. I got the untreated rock there for bout 2$/lb. Most of the other dealers were down at a knapp-in in southern OH.

The guy I got it from said he would be interested in trading for some NC rock If I brought some up next time I came. Figure I will head back up that way in the early spring. Will put the word out b4 I go. shoot me a PM and I will give you his name and contact info if you are interested.

sorry to get off topic but I will bring some up to Pat's to play with.

later,
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2008, 10:30:39 am »
I'll be there, can't wait! Hey TJ, I'm from Taylorsville if you need a ride there or back just let me know. I'll be leaving Friday morning.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 11:14:49 am »
Alan, glad you can make it. I just posted on your PP thread asking you if you were coming up. You need to post that wigwam over here in the Primitive Skills forum.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mole

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2008, 12:40:02 pm »
Anybody willing to let me shanghai a shaving horse?  I will have a couple of boo/ipe staves that i want to work on and I'll have to move the horse away from everyone else if I want to survive the weekend.:)

John
Northeast Georgia

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2008, 01:25:46 pm »
Thanks Alan
But I can not leave until after 5 on Fri . I have classes all day .
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2008, 02:03:34 pm »
John, I have a shaving horse you can use. Dick will probably be bringing his also.   TJ, will we see you in your nurses outfit? ;D      Getting close, guys. I have to think about getting started on the facilities! :o
       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2008, 03:42:31 pm »
UHHHHHHHHHH NO  >:(  Kilt maybe  :o
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2008, 05:46:09 pm »
Eddie, what is it with you and the Kilts? Ya, know in that hot and humid conditions you all live in a kilt is nice and breezy! Go ahead Eddie, try a kilt! You KNOW you want too!!!  ;D >:D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2008, 05:02:15 pm »
Hay I just spotted a toilet on the side of the road during one of the yearly large item pickups the city does.
Headed out to snatch it right now.
I thought I would bring it up to pats for folks to play with.

Question is should I break it up some before I come up and save messing up pats yard or should I bring it up whole.
Never busted up a tank for knapping. Any suggestions?

Pat what is yoru preference? we could probably haul away any mess we make for the most part and save you having to throw out pieces..

later
wade

N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »
Let's bust it at Pat's. We don't need the bowl, just the tank.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2008, 06:03:11 pm »
You might better bring the bowl too. All we have is the one outhouse! :o 
Wade, I have no problem with you bringing it. We can bury the remains with the other scraps.    Pat

DBernier

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 07:54:39 am »
Hi guys. Just back from a two day RC tank combat event. Good to be back and yes I will bring my "Horse".

Dick