Author Topic: Points for kids  (Read 7286 times)

Offline DanaM

Points for kids
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:27:05 am »
Here's a couple of pics from my recent camping trip. I was doing some knapping one day and they wandered in to see what I was doing.
I invited them to sit and watch me and we had a nice visit. Turns out their staying with their grandparents as their little sister is fighting for her life and the parents are living at the hospital. Anyway before the weekend was over I gave them each a arrow and we hafted the points to them. No pictures of the arrows as the camera died. Maybe I lit a fire inside them :)

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: Points for kids
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:37 am »
Dang.  For some reason I can't see the pictures here at work.  ???  Anyway great gesture Dana. 

Maybe I'll be able to see them when I get home. 
Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:50 am »
Thanks Mike, I'm using photobucket and it seems like sometimes there are issues ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:25:03 am »
 :) :)  Dana you are a hero.  Nothing like having some kids watch a point come to life!!  They will treasure them.  Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:40:31 am »
Dang, you are all wearing sweatshirts.   ??? I was knapping yesterday and thought I was sweating because I was trying to knap some of Cowboys stone raw. Then I looked at the thermometer and it said 113*. I decided to go in the house and enjoy the AC. 

Nice work on the kids there my friend.  Keep them interested.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:45:59 am »
Justin it was maybe 50 deg :o And yes I went in the lake for my bath brrrr supposed to be 80 today :o typical Yooper weather ;)

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:48:14 am »
Very nice gesture Dana ,love doing things for the kids it just make a guy feel good.How
is Bo coming along,getting mean yet. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:13:17 am »
50 Degrees?!?!   ;D 

I can't really complain.  Like I said in an earlier post, we're having absolutely incredible weather for July.  Yesterday was only about 90 degrees with a slight breeze and low humidity.  I can deal with that any day. 

Keep busting that rock Dana.  Stay Warm.   :D

Good Luck with the concrete and the heat Justin.   ;D  I'm going to smoke some ribs for the Forth of July and while I have the smoker going, I'm going to heat treat some of Cowboys rocks. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
Good Job Dana! ;)  And it looks like your getting the hang of it pretty quick too.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:39 pm »
 Holy cow!, buddy. You are picking up the chippin' pretty fast. That's cool what you did for the kids. 50dgs? ha,ha,  I wish.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:22 pm »
I can see the pictures now.  Great Job Dana. 

Mike

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
Heck Mike I use that stuff from Cowboy when I want to break concrete. I have a fire going outside right now.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:16 pm »
Dana- Where were you camping?  Looks like you're getting good at knapping, those are some nice points.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 12:29:04 am »
Cool Dana. The look on the faces of those guys in the first pic tells it all. You got them hooked!
   We had 50deg this morning and its 59 now. Sweat shirt always handy around here. ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Phillip K

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:49 am »
you can Knapp a point that small you got Talent. :)