Author Topic: Arra's for this season.  (Read 7375 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Arra's for this season.
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:05:48 am »
I'm not much of a fletcher, need to learn about matching spine to weight to bow etc. Got three shooters out of seven :D. One of em blew up at a node - note the goosegg on arm ::). and a set of six practice arrow's.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline sailordad

Re: Arra's for this season.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:35:58 am »
wow those are some nice arrows and stone tips and bows oh and that goose egg is real nice too
to bad that one broke,bummer dude
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:29:09 pm »
Is the Goose Egg from the String...or did the broken Arrow get you??? I have a Friend that stuck Himself when a Dowel Arrow that He made broke....and went straight into his Forearm at the wrist....not a pretty site to see...... Just be thankful that when and where it Broke....that it didnt come back and stick into your Forearm......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:24:26 pm »
Use shoots! Rose is really nice!!! So it Ocean Spray and Syringa. Ah Shoot! Just shoot it!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:01:47 pm »
Very deadly looking arrowheads.  Nice. ;D

Too bad about the broken one.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Cromm

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:11:36 pm »
Very nice work and Ouch to the egg...
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 08:49:15 pm »
Thanks guys. Mike: I'm pretty sure it was the string that got me - their's about an eight inch peice of that shaft MIA. Walked all over down range but can't find it - hope it's not buried in my arm somewhere and I just can't feel it ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:25:51 pm »
cuple of nice meat makers there sir....yeah bummer about the broken one...that is a nice goose egg...
Modern Day Tramp

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:31:02 pm »
Dang Paul those are some of the most beautifull arrows I have seen. Do you shoot them for target practice too? I will have to start making some in that fashion. Are they the cahokia style?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:57:32 pm »
Really nice looking arrows brother. The ones you got left oughta bring home some meat. Good luck. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline PeteC

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »
Those look like they'll get it done,nice arrows,  Beautiful points!!!  My son in law broke one of his cane arrows the other day ,at a node,just like yours,but it was hitting a tennis ball,not his arm,  Ouch!!.(been there,done that).   God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline cowboy

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 08:57:06 pm »
Thanks fallers ;D. It didn't hurt all that bad - I've had lots bigger and purplish goose eggs than that, hehe..
 David, I shoot em enough into that sofa cushion to get a good feel for where their gonna hit. Those are Ishi style points as closely as I know how to make em. They'll sure bust through a rib bone without a problem and don't have barbs that I can see so I like em :).

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 11:11:12 pm »
  Look like some meat getter's, Paul. I feel for you on the welt. The first time I met Pat was at a shoot in Elberton, Ga. I had two knocks break in a row. With the string slapping the welt from the first break. I was about to cry and found it real hard to play after that.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 11:58:48 pm »
I will definitely be making some of those points for my arrows. Nice job!

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 12:41:25 am »
Those are awesome Paul.  How in the name of all things decent do you get your points so thin?  I've got a couple I've been working on and I was barely able to get then in a shaft due to thickness.  I've been tempted to try and use a big flake as a point, but I can't seem to get the "Bulb" off either.  I'm hoping to have at least three done to hunt with. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck