Author Topic: I think she is hooked  (Read 6291 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
I think she is hooked
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:44:55 pm »
My wife sat down and started knappin with me today!!!!!  ;D 
I thought I would share that with you guys along with pics of her first few points.
ENJOY. I know I did.
TJ

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: I think she is hooked
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:39:30 pm »
 Wow ! You better nip that in the bud,you'll have to buy a bigger truck to carry more rock and it will burn alot of gas and she'll pick out all the best rock for herself,you'll be filing her tools for her all the time,etc...etc...you won't have any time for your own knapping. ;D  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline nugget

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:54:22 pm »
I see your point, but if she want s to knap that means she can be making points while I am making arrows , bows , or anything else. Plus its a bonus cause now she has the addiction so I wont get any mean looks if I want to go make some more of the above mentioned things. It is a win win situation!!!!! >:D >:D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:55:34 pm »
I think she did a fine job for her first time knapping

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 11:20:32 pm »

Way to go.  Pass the infection around!  I got some rocks from Mullet, and I told him, I had cut myself a few times, and I think I got an infection from one of those rocks, as I can't leave them alone, everytime, I get one halfway looking like an arrow head, or I make a long flake, and get a node off, without breaking the piece, I get more excited, and even if I break one, or it gets down to tiny size, after flaking, it I learned something.  I take the chunks, and pieces that I can't really make anything out of , and practice flaking, and smacking it to make flakes, or get rid of nodes and ridges, etc.  I can't leave it alone.  I am up till three in the morning at times, once till five!  Glad you have a partner, and it is definetly a win win situation, for both of you, unless she decides she wants to make bows, and arrows to test out her arrow heads......then you will become the gofer.  Go fer more bow wood, arrow wood, stone, her hunting license,......and so forth.  Good luck to both of you.

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:06:39 am »
The couple that knapps together bleeds together!!!  ;D

Way to go! I have always had a theory that it was the women who did all the knapping in the stone age and not the men. They seem to be more meticulous about it all and more pragmatic. Plus they spent more time in camp preparing the hides and other stuff that needed the use of stone tools!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline nugget

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 12:24:24 am »
The sickness is getting worse . This is the fastest spreading case I have seen . Now she is wanting to make arrows with the points. To boot both my kids were knapping with us today. It is an epidemic. !!' >:D ( my plan is working)
Should I call the center for disease control???? ;)
TJ

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 01:16:45 am »
NO! Be evil. Let it SPREAD!!!!!  >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:05:23 am »
TJ, that is really messed up.  Her flint points look better than mine, sharper too.  Looks like I have been getting advice from the wrong person.  Atleast now I know. ;D ;D ;D  Great job, keep 'em coming.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 07:05:54 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 03:30:05 pm »
Those are cool, especially for first attempts.  Just make sure she goes and finds her own rocks.   ;D

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »
  Well at least you have someone to clean up the mess. ;D ;D ;) Just kidding, those are nice points. O:)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Abiqua

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 05:52:06 pm »
The sickness is getting worse . This is the fastest spreading case I have seen . Now she is wanting to make arrows with the points. To boot both my kids were knapping with us today. It is an epidemic. !!' >:D ( my plan is working)
Should I call the center for disease control???? ;)
TJ

That sounds awesome! What a unique family activity! Forget board game night. It's knapping night in your household!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline nugget

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:34 pm »
I love it when a plan comes together ;D