Author Topic: water/cape buffulo with stone points........ has it been done??  (Read 48636 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: water/cape buffulo with stone points........ has it been done??
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 08:27:41 pm »
 :D :D :D That there's funny

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 08:29:43 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 03:32:49 am »

Any resemblance to actual people is purely intentional.  ( In a kind way of course )  It is uh......litterary license so to speak......I don't want to see any arrows sticking out of my truck tires.
                                                                                         Wayne

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2008, 10:14:51 am »
having hunted with eddie several times, i think i'll tag along to let eddie know when it's dead.  eddie has a habit of running up to "dead" animals that are still standing and snapping their teeth.  if eddie's hunting with stone, better give him two arrows.  the first will hit the buf square in the a$$. ;D

but seriously, one of jame's 400gr. rhyolite points with a 900gr. bamboo shaft would more than do the trick.  maybe even have james make one of his holmgaurd bows, so if the arrow don't kill him, eddie can at least stab him with the bow.  james has been known to do that with deer.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:19:12 am by Mechslasher »
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 03:21:44 pm »
Sounds good! How about we just supply eddie with a thong so's he can wait in a tree and jump on the buff and strangle it to death! Now that would be something to get on tape!!!  :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 06:25:04 pm »

Tiller, who are you going to get to film Eddie in a thong, climbing a tree.  It is not a pretty mental picture, let alone a video...... Especially filming from the ground up while he is climbing......;D......I guess I better be a little more gentle, he is my pusher after all. ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 06:28:11 pm »
  I could wear my new Kilt ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 06:43:17 pm »

Aye, Laddy, that y'could, jes be sure ye cross ye legs, ya donna wan ta scare the kids now do ya?

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:06 pm »
I think we have a plan!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline stickbender

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 03:09:47 am »

So if Eddie wears his kilt, does he have to use an English style long bow?  And would it be legal to use the bag pipes to stop the bull in his tracks?  I personally love the pipes.  My Dad, on the other hand,  said they sounded like a bag full of cats.  I hope his kilt is plaid and not a leopard print.  God, I was just envisioning him in leopard print thong!  But kilt would be just fine, and somewhat more manly, especially if he wears the bearskin pouch, and his sgian dubh in his stocking garter.  Now that would be worth filming, seeing a grown man in a plaid skirt running for his life as an enraged buffalo with an arrow through his tail, is closing in on him.  I somehow have this vision of an Ostrich on speed, or a coot running across the water, before take off. ;D  But I do have to give im is due.  The Lad would most likely be goin for it, if it was offered, and quite possibly run up to it, without waiting, like a good lad, and not notice the rest of the herd, like Mechslasher said.  Personally me thinks ye would have to be a bit daft, to go nicking about the countryside, in a kilt, let alone thwack a full grown Buffalo, with a home crafted bow and arrow.  Personally,if it were me, and if and when I was somewhat close, I would just as well say, Afternoon Argus, and cheerio old Chap,Ta Ta, and all that rot, don't ya know.  By Gad, that is big cow!  Well Governor, that is just me own opinion, as I know he is quite capable of crafting a bow and arrow to do the job quite properly, and could jolly well it is mark.  I don't know if it would be the correct mark, but by Jove, there is quite a lot of mark to hit on a Buffalo, don't you know, and I would bet me bally hat, that he would go through with it.  Well sorry about the British bit, but it seems a bit o me British ancestry has crept through.  Perhaps, since he would be wearing a Kilt, I coulda had used a moorrr Scot-ish Accent, sted o the British one.  But nae, I used the British one, being as how that is the source of me ancestry, from a beautiful, and quaint little town called " Wooten Under Edge ".  Nice rolling hills, and Flint every where, really, really nice flint.  Dark blue, light blue, and black!  The beaches a Bog Nor Regis are covered with round nodes of it.  Anywho, lets take up a collection to send Eddie and Tiller to Africa, to harass a Buffalo, and try to out run it.  I bet Eddie could climb a thorn tree with no problems.  He would probably take his kilt off and throw it in the Buff's face, and get away that way.  Oooh, there's that vision bit again! ;D  We might have to grade it as PG13 or so, to keep " the wee, ones from being traumatized, by the sight of a Semi naked, semi Scottish Tarzan, running around the bushes, desperately looking for a tree taller than four feet high! " ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 10:18:43 pm »
  I'm starting to have second thoughts the way Wayne and David keep talking about wanting to look up my skirt. And checking me out in a thong. I think I'LL CARRY the  O:)22.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2008, 10:44:40 pm »

Just what are you trying to imply? :-*

Wayne ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 12:20:24 pm »
 :D :D Eddie I would have to agree,,,,,I've been trying to remove the mental image since reading it, ::)  Had the makings of a good movie till Tiller decided to cast you with the thong ::) Then Wayne had to distort even more with the leapard print and  climbing the tree visual,,,,,,,,,,,,excuse me I need to go have a labotomy to remove those thoughts ???

I'm thinking that you might have better luck with a water baffalo hide and head and sneak in while blending with the herd. You'll just have to draw straws to see who gets the front and who's the ###  ;D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »

Now that would probably work, except for the lions......Then again the heard might not want such a weird looking buffalo in and amongst themselves......but with his trusty Swedish .22 rifle along just in case......yeah, he should be alright.  Lets get the head and hide ready......we could show Eddie knapping some points, and then show Bear Gryllis, eating some live scorpions, and a couple raw snakes, just for effect, and we could stay in his crews motor home while they film Eddie stalking the Buffalo, while Tiller occasionally takes a peek at where they are through that little viewing hole underneath the tail on the hide......Of course, there just might be an old bull in the herd, that might not be able to compete for a mate, any more, and being old, his eyesight might not be so too pretty good, and he just might find such an odd looking buffalo attractive......But......that would be to their advantage, as they could get up REAL close......and personal like...... ;D
Keenan, I think this is going to be a Winning Film.  We better all get our penguin suits, and Zorro belts, rented for the Cannes Film Festival. 8) 8) ;D

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 03:33:25 pm »
Now thats just disgusting!  ;D

I meant loin cloth! Sorry, my vocabulary is going to hell with lack of sleap.  :D

No way your getting me under a buffalo hide with Eddie!!!!!  :o