Author Topic: Corn Snake  (Read 8744 times)

Ranger B

Corn Snake
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:41:06 pm »
Anyone know where I could find some corn snake skins?  I've been looking online but no luck. Any suggestions?

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Corn Snake
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:29:38 pm »
Jimmy i got a big one in the bowshop. ask Mark he should know were it is. You can have it.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:05:22 pm »
$20 at a pet shop.............. ok that was wrong
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »
Never heard of a corn snake Jim. Show a picture whenever you get one :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:18 pm »
They are one of the prettiest snakes around here.  They're pretty rare though and their color and pattern varies quite a bit.  Good luck finding a pair.   They would look beautiful on a bow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
Wow Shannon. That looks like some kind of pet store boa or something - purty. Now I know about corn snakes, almost copperheadish :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:41:04 pm »
ya i have been looking at the pet stores, the wife keeps telling me i cant buy any "to just put on a bow"
 and i am like "no not to just put on the back of a bow,it would be on your bow honey"
mistake,she dont want one of them nasty things on her bow.  silly girl  ;)
she refuses to let me buy them >:(

tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Ranger B

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:16 pm »
I think the color would be perfect on the right piece of osage.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »
what i got in the bow shop is a chicken snake, i thought they were the same thing. the skin i got ant that bright. but looks close to that.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:59:28 pm »
  We call the orange ones down here Rat snakes and the yellow ones Corn snakes. When you see one they are about 5' long but I hate to kill one. Now, if I could find them in a Pet Store, ??? ::) ::) ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:57:33 pm »
I checked the pet stores.  Some really pretty color phases but dang they are expensive.  :'( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Postman

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 07:10:45 pm »
This is the one in my classroom - she doesn't have any brown color, just red (called amelanistic) you might check some reptile pet companies who might sell ya old "breeder snakes"  that aren't productive anymore and would get tossed in the freezer anyway to save on rat costs. Mine is 14 years old and usually doesn't produce more than 2-3 fertile eggs per dozen.  I think many older snakes do this - or maybe my  male has "reptile dysfunction...?"  ;D

There are tons of  color morphs - most to bright for bow camo, but cool nonetheless. The wild ones vary a lot from region to region. The really beautiful wild-type ones are usually marketed as "Okeetees", if that helps. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:55 pm »
Wow, pretty snake.  I'd have a hard time killing that snake just to back a bow.  For that matter, I have let quite a few bull snakes get away, too. 

Prettiest snake job I ever saw was a gaboon viper backed over osage orange.  Gaboon's are not too common on the prairies of South Dakota for that matter, so I don't think they have to worry about me snagging their coats (well, they being one of the 5 deadliest snakes in the world may have something to do with that, too).
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Ranger B

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:20:50 pm »
I thought gaboon vipers weren't indigenous to the U.S. and illegal to have. 

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 10:19:40 pm »
                    I am sure that He was just funnin Ya....since Gaboon Vipers are from the Equatrial Jungles of Africa
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome