Linked Events

• UK PA Meet 2011: May 24, 2011 - May 25, 2011

Author Topic: UK Bowyers meet - heads-up on UK event next year  (Read 11794 times)

Offline wally

Re: UK Bowyers meet - heads-up on UK event next year
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »
Gary
 glad to have you along. I have sent you a booking form if you can make it and other info.
6 months to go and we're nearly fully booked up already
and hey! Let's be careful out there

Offline markinengland

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 01:45:19 pm »
Gary,

We have a PAAS (prehistoric archery & atlatl society) member in the Manchester area. You're not alone in the primitive interests!

Mark in England

Offline wally

Re: UK Primitive champs, Bowyers + meet - UK event next year booked up
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »
Hi
   We are about at our maximum number so could any one who expressed an interest please confirm and fully book up, so I can see if others who are enquiring still can fit in, if you can't make it.
This is going to be a great gathering of primitive archers, knappers, atlatl, string, firemakers and so much more.
Don't miss out.
Anybody want to go on a cancellation waiting list please let me know

Offline wally

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 06:49:18 pm »
This is now fully booked and looks like a great gathering of primitives.
Reserve list is open, but unlikely unless you're quick ;)

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:28 am »
Still interested in coming but it's to far in advance to know if I could make it, sorry...
Frank from Germany...

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:55 am »
Yay!  Helene and I have our confirmation from Wally, so we'll be there.  I just bagged a sackful of turkey feathers today and some hazel wands last weekend, so I've got some work to do before May...
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline bobnewboy

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 06:41:51 pm »
Crikey, I just unloaded that sack of feathers.  There are quite a few more than I imagined, so I got a good price in the end.   :) I think I'll be bringing some of these along to the primitive weekend to trade or sell: there are primaries and secondaries, plus a few tails feathers, each from bronze and black free range turkeys.  The guys in the States get these kind of things all the time, I got creative and contacted a few turkey farms before Christmas.  All hand and dry plucked, and clean.  I really do have a lot of work on  ::)

"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline wally

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 05:23:43 am »
Be good to catch up with you and your feathers-a bit of trading may go on.
I'm starting clearing some areas as there's going to be 33 archers tents.

Offline backgardenbowyer

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »
Bob - I'm all envy about your turkey feathers!  Would like to buy or trade some if you are willing to part with any of your stash.

Stan

Offline bobnewboy

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 09:04:35 pm »
Hi Stan,  sure, when we catch up.  I'll bring some along to the next cof60 shoot (Sunday 23rd Jan?)

Offline markinengland

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 02:47:36 pm »
Nice feather stash.

The free range turkey farm I used to get feathers from now dips the turkeys in wax so no feathers from there now. :>(

Offline bobnewboy

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »
Yep, I was lucky and got my request in before Christmas, so the guy saved 15 birds and plucked them dry and by hand.  Most turkeys over here are wet plucked by machine.  After that the feathers arent much use for anything, although the guy at Surrey Turkeys said that the waste feathers are now being used for insulation products and stuff like that.  When I went round to see him, he still had 6 birds left (2 broze cocks and 4 white hens), and offered them as a job lot, but my garden is too small.......