Author Topic: IRS scam  (Read 4501 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: IRS scam
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 01:09:36 am »
I guess they are asleep around midnight. Because they didn't answer, "this is the IRS"! I'm really not to sure what they said in their language. I called them 8 times,  about 15 to 20 min apart. They didn't answer the last 3 times I called.
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24:10 am »
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 11:12:17 am »
I just tell them to hold on for a minute and lay the phone down, that ties them up and they make money by making lots of call. I will come back in 15 or 20 minutes and tell to hold again. :) Sometime I keep them on hold for hours. Also when I get credit card info in the mail I will pack the self addressed envelope with paper and mail it back with a big no thanks, that cost them also. >:D
 Pappy

I had a major credit card company constantly sending me card applications. The package would include several checks with the card number I would be given on them. I could use the checks till my card was activated, they had my name and address on them like my own checks. I called the customer service number and ask them to stop sending the stuff. I didn't like them sending checks with my name and address and an account number on them like that. I told her anyone could get my mail and possibly use the checks, the lady assured me that had never happened. I told her thank you for the offer, but I already had all the credit cards I needed, and please stop sending me the stuff. They kept sending the stuff, I returned one with a written note. Thanking them for the offer but I wasn't interested and to please take me off their mailing list. The stuff kept coming every couple weeks, with the checks included. I looked at work and found a very heavy duty card board box equipment parts had been shipped in. I brought it home and waited for their next package to arrive. Like clock work, a couple weeks later I received another one. I filled that box up with some broken patio stones and bricks. I taped their self addressed envelope to the top of the box. Took it to the post office and told the guy I needed to ship the stuff back. He smiled and took the box and said we will ship it back. I never received another item from them. 
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 05:36:21 am »
Now I like that silverfox. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 06:52:48 am »
You bet.That's the way to do it.Sick of that fella on a TV commercial selling credit cards too that says what's in your wallet?Love to have him in front of me and tell him it's none of your business what's in my wallet.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JEB

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 08:42:07 am »
It is that time of the year for all kinds of scams and money begging.  Being retired I have more time that money so I play their game.  I agree to listen to them and then set the phone down while they talk and go back to watching the Red Wings. I hang the phone back up 5 minutes later.