Author Topic: Primitive Fletching  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Little John

Re: Primitive Fletching
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 11:52:16 pm »
I used to use the artificial stuff all the time, but now that I have used the real thing I found it to be much better.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 01:24:23 am »
Ain't that the truth. As it dries it get's stiff and hard and tighten's up - that artificial is only good till ya get the real stuff :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

twh715

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 02:26:33 pm »
  Yes, you can use artificial sinew, but it would feel ,,kinda,,dirty. ;)

i have never used it before and was wondering would i have to glue it  for it to stick or what

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:45 pm »
Adding super glue or TBIII will help but still not as tight or solid as real sinew.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline markinengland

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 12:25:58 pm »
some of some field points I make for cane arrows
LittleJohn,
Can you tell me more about those field points? Looks like a nail as the tang but what is the head end?
Mark in England

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 12:44:03 pm »
Mark: I believe Kenneth is brazing on a blob of brass (brazing rod is brass) then grinds them into points on the head of a sixteen penny nail.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cracker

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 05:02:41 pm »
Gosh that's a rough looking character....the one on the far right that is someone said he smelled like fancy soap. Seriously I like the flatch and the points.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?