Author Topic: Future breakfast sausage!  (Read 25817 times)

Dustybaer

Re: Future breakfast sausage!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 08:19:31 am »
with PBR?  >:D

PeteDavis

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 06:39:41 pm »
You are truly rockin', old man.

PD

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »
with PBR?
I think we can come up with something better then that for you Marius! ;D

Thanks Pete, this deer is now breakfast sausage! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 08:49:01 am »
Greg,

Are you planning on coming to LBL this year?  We sure missed you last year.  We have 6 yanks coming down this year and we're towing a cargo trailer.  We're thinking of looking for some real estate.  Maybe not looking at your weather this week.  It's as cold there as it is here!  Lets hope it warms up a bit.  I like hunting in 50's and 30 rather than 20 degrees.

Glenn

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 09:07:20 am »
Hi Glenn, yeah I'm planning to come this year...may not stay the entire time. Anthony and I scouted this past Sunday and it seems like the farmers left more standing corn then in the past. We found sign of the deer leaving the thickets and heading into the corn...good evening hunting for sure. We marked a couple of trees for stand locations. If you guys would bring some lock-on stands and hunt the edge of thickets/corn fields, you could probably take good advantage of what the deer seem to be doing this year. Get in quiet and above their eyes and nose as best you can! ;)
Greg

Offline GlennM

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16:00 am »
Did you get a look at the soy bean fields off of 201 above the Prior Creek Area where you hunted a few years ago?  I was looking at the topo this morning and thought that might show some promise.   It's good to hear about that corn.

I have been watching your progress all season.  Both you and Pappy have had super years!  Maybe some of the good fortune will rub off.  This is the year the Yankees get one.  At least the numbers will be in our favor.

See you soon,

Glenn

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 10:48:27 am »
Yeah Glenn, Anthony and I scouted that bottom behind the Home Place...I think that's the one you're talking about. We're probably going to hunt the back right corner on either side of the power line. There is standing corn along the edges closer (less walking) then where Anthony and I are going. I think Gary hunted in that area last year some. There was a lot of corn across the road from the cemetary in front of where the tall towers are where they used to raise eagles when they were being reintroduced to the area 25 years or so ago. We found good sign where the deer were crossing the creek to access that corn. We marked a good tree there at the creek crossing where a lock-on stand could be put up. I think anywhere on any of the roads where corn is standing in the fields would be a good place to look for sign.
Greg

Offline GlennM

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 03:52:01 pm »
I know right were you mean.  I hunted at the creek end of that field last year year and had some action with a yearling buck and a flock of turkeys.  Anthony always seems to do well at the far end of that field. The topo shows some nice draws on the northwest side of the field by Prior Creek.  That might be good in the am.  I did also scout the field by the eagle's nest last year.  I have some sites marked in the GPS. 

I do want to scout the ridge above that field the LBL maps show a large field of soybeans up there this year.

You have gotten me real excited this year about the prospects!

Glenn