Author Topic: Gift for a Friend  (Read 18852 times)

knightc71

Gift for a Friend
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:17:41 pm »
This is the second set I have made,( all by Myself. ;D ) and I am very proud of them! I made these for a friend. I hope they like them. They are tonkin cane, they are weighed within 20 grains of each other and fletched with hand split and ground turkey feathers. The cock feather is from a domestic turkey with a unusual colorization. They are wraped with artifial sinew and stained with leather dye. The finish is wipe on type poly. I hope you enjoy them. Please let me know what you think..

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Gift for a Friend
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:47 pm »
Beauties!....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:30:11 pm »
Beautiful arrows!  Need another friend? ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

AKAPK

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:20:51 am »
Wow!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 12:26:42 am »
those are
well
hmm
i
well i just
i just cant seem to find the words that would best describe those other than"hey budy,hey pal,ever tell ya i am glad were friends."

due those are swwwweeeeeeet :o 8)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 12:41:12 am »
Those ugly, crooked, nasty lookin things are ugly as sin.  I think you need to send them to me...immediately!  Only I should be seen with such crappy lookin arrows.  j/k
Marietta, Georgia

Badbill

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 02:18:06 am »
They are so nice looking, I'd be afraid to use them.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 02:37:06 am »
Ok I see that not everyone has looked at who posted these !! This is my wife's post..  I would love to say that I had a hand in these but the only credit I can take is that I helped her with learning how to straighten shafts and such.. SHE built this set all on her own.. She refused to even let me give suggestions on these.  Looks like I'm going to ask her for help on my next set.. ;D.. She is a fast learner..Of course this means I don't catch any crap for ordering shafts.. ;)..

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 06:47:46 am »
Those are really beautiful.  I think David has a plan....Teach his wife to make all of this beautiful stuff so he can get hunting more. ;).  Really nice arrows.  I think I would put those on display.
Traverse City, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 07:48:31 am »
Those are some great  looking professional looking arrows. As some of the others have stated I'd love to be your friend.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 08:15:39 am »
Very very nice Cora with talent like that I can't wait to see the bow you make from that maple I sent ya :)
Someones going to be a lucky dog :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 11:13:11 am »
Great looking arrows, Cora. Add me to your list of friends, too.;D What are the nocks?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 11:54:08 am »
     Dana she is ready to get that stave you gave her going..Rick I think you could be on to somthing.. O:)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 01:37:35 pm »
 Wow !....Nice.  That makes me want to teach my wife how to make 'em,Just think,I will just have to put my order in anytime I need a batch and wa la  arrows.It would be like having an arrow fairy living in your house. Now all I got to do is figure out how to get her to do it. I am persistent but ,not necessarily bright. Can I get some help here ?  Any idea's ..?   Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 02:04:10 pm »
 Yep, Rick beat me to it. Beautiful arrows, Cora. If I could get my wife to make arrows like that I could quit trading with Cade. Is that some of that Tonkin from down my way?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?