Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 421049 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #1170 on: April 30, 2009, 03:00:00 pm »
Leaving in a few minutes, Glenda and I should be there around 4:30 this evening. She has lots of bow socks to sell, I have no new bows made but did make a bunch of tillering gizmos to bring.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #1171 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:20 pm »
somewhere in virginia there is a yankee passing out in his jeep.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline david w.

« Reply #1172 on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »
My dad and I had ful intention of making it this year but some things happened and we can't.  So I should be going next year.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline cracker

« Reply #1173 on: May 03, 2009, 05:01:18 pm »
I'm home got in abour3:45 rained like hell all the way to Atlanta.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1174 on: May 03, 2009, 06:57:53 pm »
I got home safe and sound about 3:30...it rained like heck all the way to Asheville. Had a blast!!!! Hope everyone gets home safe. Thanks again to Pappy, Greg and all the Twin Oaks gang for a great weekend. You guys sure know how to put on a shoot and build along.  8) 8) 8)
  I'll get some pics up as soon as I wind down and then wake back up. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #1175 on: May 03, 2009, 07:01:45 pm »
My family and I got home yesterday.  Great people and beautiful place, just TOO MUCH RAIN for us-espeacially in a tent!  I did get to meet Pappy, who is just a super nice guy, and I met knightd and got some of his bow blanks too.  David and his blanks are super nice too.  I talked to yazhoo's dad and bought an osage stave from him too.  Anyway, I enjoyed the short time we were there...except for the night in the tent!  It rained on us all the way back to VA, where it quit until last night...now it's raining here too.  I wish I could have met more of you people...maybe better luck next time.
south central VA

Offline gothmog

« Reply #1176 on: May 03, 2009, 07:18:41 pm »
Got home about 20 mins ago.  Thanks to Pappy and all the Twin Oaks boys for a great weekend.  You guys sure do it right!  Can't wait for next year.  And Cracker, after I put that stave in my truck last night I came back to thank ya but you were already gone.  So, Thanks!  You guys all made this first timer feel welcome and right at home.

Manager

« Reply #1177 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:35 pm »

The Houston group of PA is back at home!!  It was a great time inspite of the rain!!! Papppy and Ms. Joanie, another fabulous classic!!!  You two and the rest of the twin oaks club are great hosts!!

Offline yazoo

« Reply #1178 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:09 pm »
rain I didnt see any rain just good times and good people  ;)
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1179 on: May 03, 2009, 09:52:00 pm »
Right on Mike!!! ;) ...just good times and good people.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #1180 on: May 03, 2009, 09:53:16 pm »
just got back. Rained the whole way and my wipers crapped out in virginia. Im spent. Well worth the marathon i went through to spend the time with you gentlemen. Nigh nigh time
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1181 on: May 03, 2009, 10:54:16 pm »
  I'm with you, Mike and Pat. The rain didn't even matter with such a great group of people and the Twin Oaks hospitality. Mike, please tell your friend, sorry, forgot his name , thanks for the loan on the shells. ;D We made it home in 9.5 hours, despite the fact our Northern Breathen don't know when it rains, that's the time you drive faster. ::)

I hope everybody had a great time and makes it home safe. Thanks, Pappy, and everybody that had the pleasure of meeting me, 8) ;), especially, James Parker. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jesse

« Reply #1182 on: May 03, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »
Made it home safe and sound in 11 hours. No rain after we got outside TN. We had a great time and the rain really didnt mater much especially because we were wussing out in the hotel at night ;D Great seeing everyone again. Well worth the drive. Ill post some pics later.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #1183 on: May 03, 2009, 11:14:12 pm »
just made it back home.  422 miles in seven hours!  can't wait until next year.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1184 on: May 03, 2009, 11:30:18 pm »
 Chris, after the run we did this afternoon, I think if you ran I-75 to I-20 in Atlanta  at 90mph,  it would be quicker. We were at the I-20 by-pass in Atlanta,in 4 hours after we left Pappy's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?