Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 423508 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #585 on: February 26, 2009, 09:25:21 am »
The shoot is MAY 1/2/3 .I will be there all week,the last week of April.We have some
comming in as early as Monday of that week so come on anytimg the last week of April through the 3rd of May.There are always several that stay The 3rd, Sunday night and get up Monday morning and drive home.I will be there through Monday the 4th..Hope that is clear as mud. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #586 on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:04 am »
I'll bring my tools and bow bench for anyone to use if needed. I'd like to build a bow there but too many other things will get in my way ::)...it always does. I actually prefer the solitude of my basement shop to build bows.
   Greg, I will help out any way I can. Just point me in a direction. As long as I can eat and talk I can also help others out with their bow building.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #587 on: February 26, 2009, 11:00:00 am »
I'm always willing to share my feeble knowledge Greg :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #588 on: February 26, 2009, 01:51:53 pm »
Will do guys and thanks!

If you see Pappy and Anthony and I each with two or three in line waiting for help...don't wait to be invited if you're in the helping frame of mind! ;D I can't tell you how many times I've been right in the middle of trying to help someone when a little girl of 10-12 years old walks up and asks..."what do I do next?". ;D

Something that we have noticed though, a lot of folks are repeat from previous Tn. Classic's and don't require as much help...that tell's me that we're at least doing some good. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2009, 03:43:46 pm »
Yep! I'm with everyone else. I will give you all a hand too. I will still be building a bow though. Seems to mellow me out! I'm working on a small diameter peice of yew that a buddy gave me. Man are the growth rings dense on this puppy. It not very long but I thought I may be able to get a short sinew backed bow out of it. We shall see!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #590 on: February 26, 2009, 06:53:53 pm »
I'm bringing my own tools this year , so at least I can lend tools if that will help, I would love to pick up a couple staves and I can finish them at home if we run out of room for the new builders.
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #591 on: February 26, 2009, 07:14:18 pm »
 I'm going to be on the look out for my favorite, walnut scraper that got, I'm sure, accidentally put in someone Else's box. :'( Chuck, I'm not going to make the TBOF shoot in Ocala. I'm flying out for northern Alberta Saturday morning for a week. Talked to my Drillers this afternoon, they said it was -40, I think God is playing a cruel trick on this Florida boy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #592 on: February 26, 2009, 07:42:58 pm »
Eddie, what the heck are you doing thats forcing you to go to Alberta and drill holes in the ground? Sounds like frostbite weather!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #593 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:02 pm »
Pappy,

Thank you for the reply.

How do I register for self bow challenge?      I would surely like to make a self bow.   Books are fine but having someone give you some advice while you are working on       something really is the way I learn things!

Rand
Central S.C.
Catahoulaflutes@logicsouth.com
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #594 on: February 26, 2009, 08:36:18 pm »
 David, we are installing electronic monitors in the ground that record the water table. We have to do it when the ground is frozen so the Drill rig doesn't sink when it thaws.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »
BRRRR!!!!  Wear some thermal underwear!!!

Man I had no idea you could measure the water table that way.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2009, 12:43:16 am »
Pappy, I'll see if I can whip up a few of those "Super Scrapers" like I sent you and Greg. They might come in handy ;)
  Greg, when I ain't off somewhere running my chops, you know I'm gonna be under the shed helping out all I can.
  As much as I like making bows, there's no way I could make one down there.  Not that  weekend, just tooooo much going on to be doing something I can do at home anytime. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2009, 08:18:36 am »
Rand,
All you need to do is show up Friday or earlier, and we can take care of everything then. I think you'll enjoy the event, and it is a great opportunity to see a lot of primitive going's on...besides the obvious bowmaking that takes place. If you want to check out some pictures of last years event, go to about page 98 of the "Life is Good" thread under "Primitive Skills" and work you way forward through the next several pages...

We appreciate it Shannon!

Above all, first you guys have a great time while you're visiting. If you get in the mood to share your knowledge with some new folks...you know we'll appreciate it, but the most important thing is yall enjoying yourselves! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:02 am »
Mullet, Let me see if I'm getting this right, your are going to miss TBOF in Florida's beautyful Ocalla National Forest to go to the frozen Alberta and probably shoot one of the BIG THREE, I have only one thing to say!!!! CAN I GO????? Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »
 I really wish I was shooting anything, Chuck. unfortunately, I'm working and missing opening weekend of Turkey season.
Lakeland, Florida