Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418674 times)

Offline Timo

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #1245 on: May 04, 2009, 11:45:29 pm »
Sure am glad there were alot of cameras there.Just wish yall would put names with faces....

I got the perty women figured out I think, Sara and cal girl. and of coarse there is Dana....That pic of him in the back of the truck is priceless!  ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1246 on: May 04, 2009, 11:48:51 pm »
 Dana has a new handle that he'll never live down.  :D Plenty of pics to prove it >:D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1247 on: May 04, 2009, 11:50:34 pm »
Dana has a new handle that he'll never live down.  :D Plenty of pics to prove it >:D

Woodwhore!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1248 on: May 05, 2009, 03:47:57 am »
Got back safe and sound! Now I'm going to bed!!!!

More soon!

Me tired...long flight!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1249 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:03 am »
After another little catch up nap after work yesterday, I finally shot the bow Ryan made for me...I like it, I like it a lot!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #1250 on: May 05, 2009, 09:22:35 am »
Here's some of mine, I'll post more as I get them resized and such. Every year we say we're going to take the camera out on the course, and we always forget.  :-\ And Timo, I'll try to put names to faces where I can. Some are old familiar faces, some are new faces that I don't trust my memory to put a name to, and some like James Parker are so ugly that they speak for themselves. ;D

David (Ridgerunner:)

This is either Pat B serving a string with catgut or Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top :)

Tom B just chillin':

Sarah Anne being a bad influence and corrupting Jesse-S's wife Angie to a life of fruit-jar tilting.......

Marie (Calendargirl) with Julia Rose and Suzannah:

Plenty of good music all weekend:

Jesse's dad blows a mean harp:

Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1251 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:30 am »
Looks like Dana is trying to figure out how to get that uhaul hitched to his truck so he can take MORE wood home :D Did anyone get pics of the Phoebes on the the gentleman's hat?

One thing I noticed was that I never saw GregB with or around the foodline like he's always getting ribbed for. He was helping with bow building the whole time. :)

Anyone have pics of Hillbilly and Robustus beating on that Yooperite? Great pics and great time!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #1252 on: May 05, 2009, 09:34:13 am »
I only had one big complaint about the classic......

It was over WAY TOO FAST!!!

Thanks to pappy, gregb, jessie and all the twin oaks members that made it such a great time and place to hang out.
Cant wait til next year.

was nice meeting a bunch of new folks and putting some faces to names here on the posts. nice to meet y'all.

only took about 4 pics I think early in the week. was having too much fun to run to the truck and get the camera.

later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #1253 on: May 05, 2009, 09:34:49 am »
More:

Pappy hanging out around the fire with Marie's posse:

More fireside relaxing-Suzannah (who is quite the jewelry maker, by the way), Julia Rose, and my son Cody:

Your benevolent omnipotent overlords and masters- the PA moderators. ;D Back row LtoR: Ryano, SarahAnne, and the really handsome feller on the right is me. Bottom row: Eddie (Mullet), Pappy, Pat B, and Marie (Calandergirl).

Chris (Mechslasher) and Mullet are either studying for a proctology exam or taking James' bamboo-backed bow class: :)

I'll have more after while.

Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1254 on: May 05, 2009, 09:42:49 am »
Yup I'm a wood whore  ;D Think I ended up with 20 nice staves, had to quit as the truck was starting to squat :o
Need to bring a 1 ton next year ;) I also had some rock and sawblades squirreled away in there :) Sure was a good time folks.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #1255 on: May 05, 2009, 09:47:49 am »
was just thinking id do that drive right now to hang out with you gentlemen again. reality sucks
wish somebody got a picture of eddie punching me in various pressure points and making my hands go numb ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Bear

« Reply #1256 on: May 05, 2009, 10:08:34 am »
Great pics everyone. I cant believe I didnt take any  :-[, so I'm sure glad you are all sharing.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #1257 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:35 pm »
A few more, I'll try to get some more resized tonight.

Here's the whole PA gang (or most of us anyway). Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet everybody, but I'll fill in the names I know and hopefully sombody else will know some of the names I missed and can fill in the blanks. There are a few people I know in there that I can't make out the faces in this small pic enough to identify, so if I miss you or mis-name you, please correct me and realize that it's Pat's fault. :)
Front row L to R: OutbackBob, Deftones3333, Jamie Leffler, ________, __________, Calendargirl, _______, Tracy F (??), Koan, ______.
Second tier L-R: Ryano (and daughter), _______, ________, Dana M, King Ron, Cracker, Pat B, El Destructo, Saw Filer, _____, Pappy, Mechslasher, Joanie B, Dick Bernier, D Tiller, Empty Quiver (?), Monroe Luther (Eagle Texas), Jack Crafty, Ed Ingold, Tom B, KnightD, Auggie, Mullet, _____, ______.
Front Back Row: N2Everything, Leapingbare, Robustus, Rick Trojanowski, _____, _____.
Back Row: __________,Wolf Watcher (??), Greg B, Jesse S, Angie S, Ridge Runner (??) and the really good looking one on the end is Hillbilly.

These are Pappy's mascots and resident bugcatchers. They didn't seem to mind the excitement at all, but after a couple days, they decided that they wanted to get out and mingle with everybody else. Sackett's hat apparantly looked like a good Phoebe landing platform.

Jesse (Leapingbare) knapping with Julia Rose and my son Cody (Empty Quiver).

The Man, the Myth, the Legend; Jamie Leffler.

Manufacturing bifaced gravel: Rick Trojanowski, me, Patrick Brennan, Dana M, Leapingbare, Jamie, and Dick Bernier:

Sawfiler, AKA the Kentucky Wildman:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:52:25 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #1258 on: May 05, 2009, 01:37:10 pm »
steve , im kinda like sasquatch i guess  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #1259 on: May 05, 2009, 03:01:52 pm »
Awesome pictures!  :)

Got in late last night.....need nap now.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr