Author Topic: whats you temp?  (Read 16720 times)

Offline knap_123

Re: whats you temp?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 12:28:45 am »
all i no is, its freakin cold outside tonight! got ro be in the 30s

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 07:11:29 am »
Ice just started forming on the little lakes the last few days, forcast is for cold nights so hoping to be ice fishin next weekend :)
Have the rest of the week to try and get a deer with the muzzleloader den its ice fishin time :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:43:01 pm by Justin Snyder »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 11:00:15 am »
Ice just started forming on the little lakes the last few days, forcast is for cold nights so hoping to be ice fishin next weekend :)
Have the rest of the week to try and get a deer with the muzzleloader den its ice fishin time :)

hey Dana,
you still ice fish,WOW ya know modern refrigerators have this thing called an "auto ice maker"
no need to go catch that nasty gamey tasting wild ice ;D ;D ;)

lived here all my life and never got into ise fishing,i hate the sound of ice cracking around me.makes me very anxious and excitable
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:43:50 pm by Justin Snyder »
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 11:48:45 am »
Tin yer missing out on some good times if yer properly equiped :) I quit ice fishin because it got to be too much work but I bought a quad a to pull the portable shack,
gas auger and the wife :D Also bought a Marcum flasher and Ice Armor suit so I'm all set, nothing better than fresh perch, walleye or bluegills from frozen water mmmmmmm tasty :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 12:06:20 pm »
Dana, i agree i love fresh fish mmmmmmmmmmm nothing better
but i still cant get past the sound of all that ice poping
scares the bejeezes out of me when i am out there
guess i just need to take more liquid refreshment with to help forget about it ;)
and a radio to cover up the sound of the ice

Offline otis.drum

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 12:08:21 pm »
38*celcius or 100F in your scale and 97% humidty, cape york australia. gotta hate the build up, no fire here! hopefully the rain will be here soon.
Cape York, Australia

Offline sailordad

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 12:10:57 pm »
100 defrees :o

man i love that type of weather
we usualy see about 10-12 days a year that warm.this last year we only got above 90 like 5 times
i really belong in a much warmer climate ;D

Offline otis.drum

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 12:13:43 pm »
i don't mind the heat. infact i quite like it. the humidity gets a bit much though. they call it 'silly season' and 'suicide season' for a reason... hardly bareable at times. fishing will come good soon though when the rain brings on the fresh water.
Cape York, Australia

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 12:14:17 pm »
Tim...you surely would not have liked to do what We used to do when I was racing Stock Cars back in the 70's then.....We used to have my Dad and a couple others Plow the Snow off of the Ice on the Lower harbor in Marquette...on Lake Superior...they would plow an Oval Track....and we Would put Studded Snow Tires on our Roundy-Round Cars....and race them on the Lake!! But then We would also race Our Snowmobiles in the Water in the Summer too........talk about getting the full Years use out of a Play Toy!!!

And Dana....I didn't know a Yooper would throw away 400 bucks on a Fish Finder to go get drunk in a Fishing Shanty.... >:D

Otis....you can keep them 100's....I see enough in the Summer for a Lifetime........ ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 12:16:36 pm »
It was a nice balmy 17F here this morning.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 12:32:50 pm »
Mike I don't drink when I'm ice fishing... its all business seiously :)

Was about 10 this morning in da woods, only stayed out to 9 am got stuff to do today, gotta clean some more sinew :)

Manistique, MI

Offline knap_123

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:25 pm »
26 at 5:30 this mourning in the stand!!!   3 hrs later in the house and my feets still  cold

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 02:35:28 pm »
9:00am....thats about when they are running Does right now down here....seen more Buck between 9 and 12 than any other time of the Day

23 degrees and a 30 mph wind....so it's not too pretty outside right now!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 10:20:01 am »
23 below this morning.  Have to take some hay to my horses in the hills.  The elk are already settling down from hunting season. Good to see them having some quiet time!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Stoker

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:35 am »
-26C and -35C with the wind 6" of snow this weekend it'll build some good ice on the lakes
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano