Author Topic: whats you temp?  (Read 16765 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: whats you temp?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:57 am »
38*celcius or 100F in your scale and 97% humidty, cape york australia. gotta hate the build up, no fire here! hopefully the rain will be here soon.

wow. its like that alot durring the summer here, but its gotta suck to be that hot in december.
lets just shoot it

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 11:07:05 am »
38*celcius or 100F in your scale and 97% humidty, cape york australia. gotta hate the build up, no fire here! hopefully the rain will be here soon.

wow. its like that alot durring the summer here, but its gotta suck to be that hot in december.

Recurve, in Australia, December is summer. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline knap_123

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 07:23:48 pm »
62 and sunny

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 10:31:11 pm »
recurve, are you sure you are paying attention in class? I'd hate to get that other old man after you. >:D ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:53:46 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 06:39:27 pm »
I have noticed the amount of post in the flintknapping section have really slowed down. Guess it's just to cold out to chip rock.

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »
  It`s about 34 F here, but my basement`s never too cold to chip in.
  The other 1/2`s figured out not to go down there barefoot tho...
 There`s a pile of debitage 8" deep around the base of my knapping stool.
 I did learn that it`s easier to put a tarp down & flip it back to the stool
every now & then than it is to find the broom on a daily basis   ;D 
sometimes it`s in the kitchen or the front porch, the back porch, wherever.
 And before someone suggests it, I know that I could buy a broom for the
knapping area, but then I`d have to clean it up more often than once or
twice a week   ;)
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 09:56:01 pm »
its cooled down to 80 here in Plant CIty, outside of Tampa

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 10:11:26 pm »
16 right now with a Wind Chill of -18....and it's only going to get colder for the rest of the Night!! One of the City Water Mains broke about 5 hours ago....can you imagine working in a Lake of Water in these temperatures?? I am glad I am a Crane Operator!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2009, 10:48:04 am »
recurve, are you sure you are paying attention in class? I'd hate to get that other old man after you. >:D ;)

wow. i compleatly forgot about the whole other side of the world thing. i feel like an idiot. :-X

anyway, its in the upper 70's here today. supposed to be cooling down all day though.
lets just shoot it

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2009, 03:36:40 pm »
Supposed to be a high of 27 in Tulsa OK today.  It's a nice cold though, If I close my eyes it's kind of like walking out in the snow at night, that crisp sort of cold.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:26 pm »
Woke up to -4 degrees.....wind Chill of -26.....It's up to 8 degrees right now....My Koi Pond is Solid....the Waterfall was two foot thick....Most of the Pond water was Froze....and there was two foot of Air under the Ice....Almost lost all of My Koi due to the Lack of Water....When the Falls froze up....the Pumps kept pumping the Water up...and overflowing the Filters....been outside all Morning trying to thaw out Hoses to fill it back up again...ain't got anything else to do....since they called Work for the Second Day in a Row....and Tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad....maybe even Colder...I don't know what these People would do if they had to do Construction back in Michigan....I guess that They would go Bankrupt........ ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2009, 07:59:23 am »
Mike we got about 14" of snow yesterday as for constuction in cold weather they keep on building, of course the contractors are set up for it.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2009, 08:27:06 am »
I know that they keep Building....Thats what I did back Home too....Must be a Different Breed now a Days....all Sissified...can't work in the Cold!! Actually it has all come down to Corporate Liability...They are afraid that if They Work You...and Someone get Hurt....It's lawsuit City....that the whole problem...Thats why We fill out Paperwork for 30 minutes before We can start every Job that We do during the Day...and I mean every Job...some Days You fill out Paperwork for 4 Hours out of a 10 Hour Day!! They Blame it on Safety..."We are just trying to keep You Safe"....thats Bull! They are trying to keep their own Tit out of the Ringer....not me Safe and Uninjured...I was born during the Day....but not Yesterday!!

9 degrees this Morning....Wind Chill of -28....going to be another Balmy Day I can see it already!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:00 am »
72 yesterday morning at the airport...in Chicago now and it might as well be absolute zero. At this point, temp doesn't matter much- ITS COLD!!!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2009, 10:17:08 am »
This is the fifth day in a row of below zero weather.  Been using the ATV to feed the mountain pasture horses and the deer are in the yard all the time now!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight