Author Topic: Rewards of hard work.  (Read 9035 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Rewards of hard work.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 08:39:21 am »
That's some good looking osage, and represents a good amount of sweat I'm sure! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27:03 pm »
It's a good thing man's reach exceeds his grasp, else what's a heaven for.  This is osage heaven to which every bowyer hopes to go someday.  These pictures just make you want to "waller" among all that "yaller" wood.  You did a great job, and I can see a great many fine bows within those beautiful staves.  Well done.
Dan

Offline Timo

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »
I woller some i rekon! :) Been working on them a lil every night,taking care of all the belly splits first, then I'll start on the bark and sapwood. I have an old band saw that is my work horse,it helps alot with that. Lot of them are making two staves, Several have some really nice character, with few knots.Very happy about that.

I'm blessed with haveing some good wood, and being healthy enough to get it. I know there are lots on here who are very less fortunate than me, and I feel for them......(well kinda) :)

Thanks all for the good words.

Offline Colt45

• =]
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 12:25:03 am »
Wow! thats a lot of osage. haha I'd love to have just one stave right now  ;D But that! Ha thats a dream come true
The bow's in there, you just have to find it, and that is Boetry.