Author Topic: Things you don't see in Ky... But you might in Florida  (Read 30839 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Things you don't see in Ky... But you might in Florida
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »
  Well,,,, Hmmmm. no takers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 08:14:17 am »
I've been wondering how Shannon's trip went, found this one a little late...enjoyed the pic's and looked like yall had a fine time. I remember one of my earliest trips to Florida when I was 5 or 6 years old and we went to Sanna Bell and Captiva Island's...around the mid 60's. I don't remember much other then some cabins, fishing boats, crabs, and lots of sea shells...

Had an Aunt that lived in Melbourne, Fl., she used to bring us the sweetest oranges ripened off the tree!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:03 am »
  Well,,,, Hmmmm. no takers.

I would love to come down eddie, but I'm a little short on cab fare this week.Bunch of Yoopers just had a
get together right there in Lakeland, was wondering if maybe you paid them a visit :P :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:14 am »
Eddie ...my Dad is on his way down Sunday ....and is staying till 4/21....so maybe you can take his 70 year young arse out Hog Hunting.....he would love it.....and I think that you two would get along just great too.....He hates Disney too...... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 04:02:44 pm »
We're having 20-30mph winds down here,just go down wind and wait for them to blow by!!I'd join ya but it's the ol'timers picnic for this area Sat.Fried mullet ,pork,swamp cabbage,collards,mustard greens and beans matters and tatters.......we're bringin' some fresh picked mullberry pies and papayas.So bag a big un'and if it's beard is longer than mine I'll give ya a point.good luck
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 05:31:18 pm »
 Dang, Roger, I should have gone with you. That sounds like some good eating and the wind didn't help us at all. And then, it started raining at 7 this morning and the wind was still blowing.
   But we didn't get skunked. The good Ol' Huntin' Jeep scored another hog on the way in. A big pack tried to shoot across the road, and I swear, she's like that Volkswagon Herbie. I felt the gas pedal hit the floor, like it had a mind of it's own. Looked in the mirror and had one down and ended up catching another one alive that was a little rattled. So far the Jeep has got 1 Tom Turkey, 3 hogs, and 6 Armadillos.
  I also shot a couple of more hogs and my buddy Chris shot a turkey and a Bobcat that jumped on the turkey. He said that was exciting. He watched the Bobcat sneaking on the turkey, and when he shot the bird the cat attacked the turkey and tried to run off with it. All I saw was hens and I'm not going to elaborate on the gobbling hen that somebody bagged. ::) 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 06:25:44 pm »
That looks like that cat I slipped up on last weekend. Slim and long legged.  Looks like a nice gobbler too.  What kind of hooks was he packin?
 Six 6 armadillos with that jeep. ::)  You must have gotten better at hit'n 'em ;D
  I watched 12 jakes run a bobcat off yesterday morning. They went running at him purring and clucking real aggressively. He stood his ground for a few seconds and then turned and ran away. ???
  The wind was blowing about 25mph and it was raining here this morning too.  I thought about sleeping in, but figured I'd sleep when the seasons over.  Glad I went. I managed to kill this one just after fly down and was back home before I had time to get good and wet. 8) 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 07:15:48 pm »
 Congratulations! Chris shot that bird behind the camp near that dried pond you saw the birds in, you know, the bent shotgun. ;). It was an early hatch Jake. Nubs for spurs and a 5.5" beard.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 09:12:49 am »
Nice bird Shanon,man a bob cat I would love to take one of them someday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 10:01:52 am »
 Pappy, Chris is going to mount that one laying on an oak limb. I think I'll have plenty of Pork for the Classic those make 18 in four weeks.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 10:09:07 am »
Cool ,when are you planing on making it up ? I need to get some of them on the big grill for the Sat. night feast.Unless something changes Grant won't be there so Me and King Ron will have to head up all of that. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 12:50:04 pm »
 Kathie and I are planning on leaving Thursday again. So we should be there early Friday unless I can get away from work sooner.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »
Looks like yall had a blast! That is my dream hunt someday, goin for them hogs....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 03:58:59 pm »
  Brian, we are actually Turkey hunting. The hogs are just an opportunity target.
Lakeland, Florida

brian melton

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 01:15:38 am »

Nice cat....Chris doesn't look like he has shaved since I left! ;D