Author Topic: Things you don't see in Ky... But you might in Florida  (Read 30583 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Things you don't see in Ky... But you might in Florida
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 02:55:31 am »

Shannon, that is a Cara Cara.  You see a lot of them on SR 60., and around Okeechobee.  They range from Central America, on up to Fla.  You should have gotten Eddie to cook that Possum on the half shell for you.  ( Armadillo )  they are quite tasty.  Taste like mild pork.  You just have to be careful when cleaning them.  They are the only animal besides humans that can contract Hansen's disease.( Leprosy )  They were used in research for that disease, and some of them escaped, and bred with others, and some people have caught the disease from handling them.  You have to get the nasal droplets in your system to catch it, from what I understand of it.  But they are tasty.  I have heard that they also eat coral snakes.  So they do serve a purpose beside mobile speed bumps, and telling Tourist that they are land prawns. ;D  Well, glad that you got a hog anyways.  Those Oceolas are not the smartest creatures, but they sure do have the hearing, and eyesight, and are ever so cautious. ;)  Well Edward, I would love to go next week if you are going to be down that way.  I did not see the offer soon enough for this previous weekend. :(  I will have to show you my beautiful Fox skin that Hunter Trapper, and his Dad sent.  Did you ever put an edge on that Puma?   :)

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 10:38:25 pm »
  That Puma is sharp. You knew that would be a given. Thanks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 02:14:07 am »

Yep Eddie, I knew it was a given, but just didn't know when.  Between entertaining visitors, and skinning hogs, and plucking Turkeys, and digging holes, I didn't know when you would have the time.  :) Like I said in the Pm, the blade is made in japan.  Well enjoy it.  I want to go rock digging, and such sometime, when you have the time. ;)

Wayne