Author Topic: Can't have enough arrows eh  (Read 6546 times)

Offline DanaM

Can't have enough arrows eh
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:09:08 am »
I decided I needed more ammo for the Tenn Classic so I made 7 more Tonkin arra's gives me 21 total, hopefully that
will get me through the Classic :o :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Can't have enough arrows eh
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:37:08 am »
Nice arrows Dana. I'm only bringing 6 so I may need to borrow a few from you while there! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:38:56 am »
Yer an arra building machine Dana! Them are purty - hopefully they won't blend in with the underbrush and dead leaves too much.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:46:03 am »
Good job Dana, heck I would go for an even two dozen since you are so good at it. Any way arrows like to stay in even dozens. Have fun at Pappys.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:47:50 am »
Great arrow Dana.  Hopefully you will come home with the same amount.....lol....but if you shoot like me,,,,,I doubt it...heheheh

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 11:19:33 am »
Nice arrows, Dana. I remember going to the Hickory, NC shoot a few years ago with one arrow for a forty-target 3D course-hadn't had time to make any. Sure gives you incentive to not miss. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 12:05:50 pm »
Gotta qusetion about all these cane arrows yall make and take down to Pappys.Is it some kinda "cane cult" going on down there ?:) Do you guys loose alot of arrows on the range,(due to large amounts of spring water) ?

Just curious I guess,seems that everyone if taking a way hole lot more than I would figure needed?

BTW Dana, nice group of shafts.:)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 12:32:54 pm »
Trade items are easier to come by than $, these days, Tim. There is usually lots of horse trading going on at the classic. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Timo

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »
10-4 Pat. Didn't figure you guys were that bad of shots? :) Got me to thinking that maybe I could shoot with ya? :)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 02:51:32 pm »
great looking arrows... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 08:12:45 pm »
Pat if ya need a few just ask :) Actually last year I shot the whole 40 target course with 2 arrows, would have been 1 but the steel fox ate one :'(

I'm not a good shot but pretty good at finding the strays :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 09:37:10 pm »
Dana
Very nice arras.  As little as I've been shooting I wouldn't dare take those out of the quiver. ;)
Traverse City, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:32:02 am »
Dana, what type of material are the shafts?

i can see in a couple of the pics that atleast one looks like it has a little kink to it.

i gave up on using osier because i couldnt seem to get them straight.maybe i was just being to anal about it.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 12:27:49 pm »
Tim, shoot and cane arrows will never as straight"as an arrow". They don't have to be to straight to shoot straight. As long as the point and nock end line up and the arrow spins true they will shoot well.
Dana's arrows are cane. At each node you will have a kink that can be reduced somewhat but not all together.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:43 pm »
Beautiful! EH  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D
Modern Day Tramp