Author Topic: Can't have enough arrows eh  (Read 6544 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Can't have enough arrows eh
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 07:47:12 pm »
Yup their Tonkin and I have a couple of character ones in there, like Pat said as lomg as the ends line up, they shoot just fine :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 12:12:51 am »
 Nice arrows, Dana. I was like you last year, except I sacrificed a Tonkin from 5'  on the fox target to see what would happen to it. It split in four sections and could be squished back together and wrapped and shot some more.

Right now I have over 300 arrows and Art just PM'd me the other day and has 6 of Pat's hill cane arrows on the way to the house. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:55 am »
Be sure to mark the targets where you loose them so they will be easier for me to find when you are gone.  ;) ;D ;D Nice arrows.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:41 am »
Be sure to mark the targets where you loose them so they will be easier for me to find when you are gone.  ;) ;D ;D Nice arrows.
   Pappy

Now what fun would that be? Might just as well give em to ya then go sit and drink a few beers eh ;) :D

300 arra's eddie :o whollywuheh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dutchman58

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 02:57:41 pm »
Very nice job on the arrows. They're beautiful!
Remember the Alamo!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 07:46:36 pm »
Thanks Dutchman :)

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 08:07:00 am »
Good job on the arrows Dana, ought to get the job done! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

AKAPK

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 05:14:11 am »
great Arrows Dana, Good to ya at the classic.

Offline beardedhorse

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 11:14:35 pm »
DanaM,  Alton "Longbow" Safford is 93 and still shoots and makes bows and arrows and he said you can never have enough feathers, arrows, buckskin, sinew, etc.  I see that the fletching is spiral wound like some Japanese and old English arrows.  Are the turkey feathers glued down?  If so, why bother with the spiral wrap?  Do you have a small piece of dowelling glued into the cavity of the Tonkin cane at the piel end before you taper the business end of the arrow for the fiedl points?  Nice low visibility for hunting but may be hard to find if lost in the grass.  Have fun at the Classic.