Author Topic: Wife's Bow  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Barrage

Wife's Bow
« on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:20 pm »
This was an experimental bow for me that I made for my wife and one that's been a long time in the making.  Maple backed maple, about #32-ish at 25", 64" ntn.  Had some propellor twist from glue up (double wrapping tubing from now on :-[).  Managed to get string tracking reasonable with some heat (thanks Robustus!) and decided to do bit of a belly temper although I didn't overdo it as it was all glued up and half tillered already.  Draws very smooth, but shoots about as well as you could expect with all that weight at the tips and you definitely feel it as the string slams into the bridge.  I thought it was going to be pretty fire wood several times, but so far it's survived to shoot at least a couple arrows and I learned a lot on this one, so win-win  ;D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:23:02 pm by Barrage »
Travis

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Wife's Bow
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:44:18 pm »
Good looking bow! Looks like it'll survive more than just a couple of arra's, nice bend going on there.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:26:07 am »
Really nice!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:01 am »
Cool bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 05:38:16 am »
  What bow ??? ;)  just kidding Cool bow,nice tiller. :) How is the hand shock with that type tips. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:58:01 am »
Good looking bow! Looks like a lot of fore-thought went into the design. Turned out really nice! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:37:00 am »
Bow looks good to me but I don't think I would dare experimenting on the wife :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Barrage

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 10:42:38 am »
Thanks guys.

Pappy, the bow definitely has hand shock with those tips and string bridges.  And with all the mass it won't be setting any speed records either. ;) 

Dana, I learnt a long time ago that I should steer clear of the wife... can't say that I do though  :D
Travis

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:10 pm »
Quite elegant, actually! Absolutely bookmarked for June Laminate Bows of the Month!!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:32:18 pm »
Very nice bow! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!