Author Topic: to hot to knap, whats your temp?  (Read 24995 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: to hot to knap, whats your temp?
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 02:26:23 am »
I've been working!  :o  Yep! 7 days a week right now. Not much time off but its the season arround here/
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 08:39:54 am »
We finally are gettin alittle rain around here so the temp/humidity switched places now its 88/90  :P
there a high pressure hanging thats got the fishes eyeballs about bugged out,it was hard but I did get some mangrove snappers for a meal
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »
Hey Knap, I'm  about 25 miles north of Talahatta Springs which is in the Talahatta Hills.  Both are in Clarke County by Thomasville.  I am going on a rock run over by Troy somewhere this Friday.  I want to get some of that coastal plains before it gets too hot.  Bill

Offline knap_123

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 10:03:13 pm »
i no a awesome location if you need it, and its free!  i need to go myself,  getting low here.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 08:28:11 pm »
We finally are gettin alittle rain around here so the temp/humidity switched places now its 88/90  :P
there a high pressure hanging thats got the fishes eyeballs about bugged out,it was hard but I did get some mangrove snappers for a meal
Bone pile

Been sprinkling on and off since last Friday here. Hasn't stopped it from being 108* yesterday and 109* today. And I still wouldn't trade a whole summer of this for one week of that cold crap that Dana keeps talking about. Man I hate the cold. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 08:35:42 pm »
I can't wait to get out there Justin. Got a lead on where to pick up some dacite from Jim Winn - can't remember the little town but it's right on I 40 about halfway across AZ. It rained like a cow doin you know what here in Austin today - ooooh, that was nice ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 09:49:57 pm »
Well Justin you can have all of this You want....it is ridiculous here.....heat indexes in the Triple Digits every Day....and We haven't had but 5 inches of Rain to date....if it keeps up this way....in 10 years they will all be moving to the Coast....or maybe Florida to see Eddie....because We will be with out Drinking Water...and the Cattle and Agriculture will all die...and I don't think that Red Clay and Caliche are very edible........ :P I would gladly trade Dana for 3 months of Michigan's Wet and Cold Weather a Year...just to aid this Drought We have been in for 10 years now
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 09:52:51 pm »
I predict your drought will end in the next two years or so! Just be patient. Global warming trend is nearing an end!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:19 pm »
I watched you Videos....even the Hour and 13 minute long one.....makes more sense than Al Gore.......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »
It was 52 degrees on my porch this morning.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2009, 03:02:55 am »
Uh YUP! Time to get ready for the new Ice Age. Hmmm! let me put on my Swamie hat and predict the future.

Buy into Triticalie shares! Thats "Rye" for all ya normal folk. Great cold weather crop for short growing seasons makes some prety good liquer too! The Southwest like Arizona and that area will become prime farm land due to more precipitation. Happened for the Anisazi durring the Maunder Minimum! I would also put your money into stocks for home heating companies and such.

Just my two cents on the subject!

Hmmm! Can I know be considered a Radical since I'm no longer toting the line?  ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2009, 07:39:40 am »
I don't know about the Radical part....but you need to stop watching the Star Trek reruns..............Triticale....(a hybrid wheat/rye)....next thing you will be selling Tribbles............ >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2009, 08:13:31 am »
Had to turn the heat on in my office as its too cold to type with choppers on :o ::)

Tiller selling Tribbles, now thats funny :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2009, 12:54:07 pm »
Yeah they make that really CUTE little sound! They HATE Klingons and I have a ton to sell at very reasonable prices!!!  ;D

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 11:29:52 pm »
Spent the 4th digging and hauling.  Got about 300-400 pounds of rock.  The temperture only hit 96 degrees and the humidity was only in the mid 50's.  For some reason, I usually wait until mid August when it gets hot and nasty.  Then I go get rock.  Bill